Chapter 24 - Party Ruined

When the guests all left, the rest of the team ordered food and continue to drink together. But of course, like always....the main topic was Thor's hammer.

"But, it's a trick!" Clint yells.

"Oh, no. It's much more than that." Thor nods.

"Uh, Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power! Whatever man! It's a trick."

"Well please, be my guest." Thor points.

Tony shakes his head. "Come on."

"Really?"

Thor laughs, "Yeah!"

Clint gets up, Rhodey shakes his head, "Oh this is gonna be beautiful."

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony says, making us laugh.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Barton grabs Thor's hammer and can't lift it. "I still don't know how you do it."

"Smell the silent judgment?" Tony smiles.

"Please, Stark, by all means." Clint points.

"Oh, here we go." Nat laughs.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." Tony stands.

"Get after it!" Clint yells.

"It's physics." Tony says.

Bruce shakes his head, "Physics!"

Tony grasps Thor's hammer, "Right, so, if I lift it, I...I then rule Asgard?"

"Yes, of course."

"I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta." Tony tries to lift the hammer but fails. "I'll be right back." Soon he comes back wearing his armored hand, Tony tries to lift the hammer again and fails.

Then Rhodey joins in, both wearing their armored hands. "Are you even pulling?"

Tony looks up, "Are you on my team?"

"Just represent! Pull!"

"Alright, let's go!" They both pull as hard as they can but fail.

Next Bruce tries to lift the hammer, he roars as though pretending to change into the Hulk, and everyone either looks at him warily or grins.

Bruce smiles, "Huh?"

"Let's go, Steve, no pressure." Tony says.

"Come on, Cap."

Steve starts pulling on the hammer and manages to budge it a little; Thor looks a little alarmed. Steve still fails to lift it; Thor laughs with relief, "Nothing."

Tony points at Nat. "And?"

"Widow?"

"Oh, no no. That's not a question I need answered. But I would love to see Y/N." She smirks.

I get pushed up, "I don't see what the big deal is, I'm not-" Suddenly I lift the hammer up with ease. I stare at the others in shock. I toss Thor his hammer and back up, "That's not right....I'm not Worthy....I'm not Worthy of anything." I turn to walk off but stop as there's a loud screeching sound.

Suddenly a broken Iron Legion Bot comes out, "Worthy... No, how could you be worthy? You're all killers."

Steve walks behind me and puts a hand on my arm to pull me back, "Stark."

"How could you be Worthy Y/N.....your just a Worthless experiment." The Bot says. Tears sting my eyes as Steve pulls me away and pulls me into his chest. "I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or... I was a-dream?"