Chapter 33 - Peter Parker

Tony and I were talking with May Parker, waiting for her nephew Peter.

I look over as the door opens, "Hey, May." Peter walks in and doesn't look over in our direction.

"Mmm. Hey. How was school today?" May smiles.

"Okay. This crazy car parked outside...." Peter sees Tony and I, his eyes widen.

"Oh, Mr. Parker." Tony smiles.

"Um...." He takes out his headphones. "What--what are you doing...? Hey! Uh, I'm--Im--I'm Peter."

"Tony. This is Y/N." Tony smiles.

"What are...what are you--what are you--what are you doing here?"

"It's about time we met. You've been getting our e-mails, right?" I ask, giving him a look.

"Yeah. Yeah."

Tony nods, "Right?"

"Regarding the..."

May speaks up, "You didn't tell me about the grant."

"About the grant." Peter nods.

"The September Foundation." I smile.

"Right."

"Yeah. Remember when you applied?" Tony asks.

"Yeah."

Tony nods, "I approved, so now we're in business."

"You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?" May asks.

"Why, I just, I just....I just know how much you love surprises, so I thought I would let you know....wh...anyway, what did I apply for?" Peter asks.

"That's what we're here to hash out." Tony nods.

"Okay. Hash, hash out, okay."

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt." Tony points.

"Yeah, well, we come in all shapes and sizes, you know?"

Tony smiles, "This walnut date loaf is exceptional."

"Let me just stop you there." Peter and I say at the same time. We both look at each other and smile.

"Is this grant, like, got money involved or whatever? No?" Peter asks.

"Yeah." Tony starts to laugh.

"Yeah?"

"It's pretty well funded." I nod.

"Wow."

"Look who you're talking to. Can we have 5 minutes with him?" Tony asks May.

"Sure."

I follow the two into a small bedroom, Tony bolts the door and spits out the walnut loaf. "As walnut date loaves go, that wasn't bad." He notices Peter's collection of old computers. "Whoa, what do we have here? Retro tech, huh? Thrift store? Salvation Army?"

"Uh, the garbage, actually."

"You're a dumpster diver?" I ask.

"Yeah, I was....anyway, look, um, I definitely did not apply for your grant."

"Ah-ah! Us first." Tony points.

"Okay."

"Quick question of the rhetorical variety." Tony pulls out his phone which projects a video of Peter in his Spider-thing outfit. "That's you, right?"