Chapter 38 - Fading

We had a plan set up, Tony and I were working on getting a chunk of debris high in the air.

"Now push!" Tony yells to me. I hiss through my teeth as I push as hard as I can. We eventually push it hard enough to crush Thanos.

"Piece of cake, Quill." Tony says.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off!"

The wreckage on top of Thanos erupts in purple, as he bellows in rage. He turns the hovering fragments into a flock of bats with the Reality Stone and swarms Tony and I with them, driving us back through the ruins.

Tony and I fly back as he throws Peter, Tony fired explosive on Thanos, but he sucks all the flame into the gauntlet with the Power Stone and fires it in a stream at Tony and I, hitting him dead on and sending him far away, plowing through a massive fallen machine.

I fly above the flame and kick his chest. I use my power to keep his gauntlet open, screaming in pain as he pushes against my power. He uses the power stone to throw me back.

A woman shows up and they fight, as she's thrown back, Mantis lands on his shoulders and puts him asleep. "Is he under? Don't let up." Tony asks.

Mantis starts to cry, "Be quick. He is very strong."

"Parker, help! Get over here." Peter  drops his web-line, and hurries to help Tony with the gauntlet. "She can't hold him much longer. Let's go." I hold his other arm out.

Quill flies over to join us, he stands in front of Thanos, tauntingly. "I thought you'd be harder to catch. For the record, this was my plan. Not so strong now, huh? Where is Gamora?"

"My Gamora...?" Thanos whispers.

"No, bull-shit. Where is she?"

Mantis looks shocked, "He is in anguish."

"Good." Quill nods.

"He....he mourns." She cries.

"What does this monster have to mourn?" Drax asks.

"Gamora." The other woman says.

"What?" Quill looks at her.

"He took her to Vormir. He came back with the Soul Stone... but she didn't."

"Okay, Quill, you gotta cool it right now, you understand?" Tony says. "Don't, don't, don't engage, we've almost got this off!"

"Tell me she's lying. Asshole! Tell me you didn't do it!" Quill yells.

"I... had... to." Thanos says.

"No, you didn't...! No, you didn't...!" Quill hits him. I struggle to hold his arm as he wakes up, pulling back in the gauntlet and throwing us all off.

I yell out as a moon falls onto Tony and I.

I fly up angrily and create a shield of my power to protect myself as he tries to blast me with the stones. I force my shield out and push him back.

Thanos blasts me, I go falling back into another piece of the moon, slamming hard on the ground.

When I finally am able to get up, I look up as Tony is stabbed by Thanos. "No!" I scream, running forward and sliding down to Tony. "Stop! Please!"

"I understand what this feels like. Desperation." Thanos says. He raises the gauntlet to us, all the stones glowing.

"Stop please! Don't hurt him...kill me instead!" I scream.

"Interesting." Thanos smirks and puts the gauntlet above my head.

"Stop! Spare their lives....I will give you the stone." Strange suddenly says.

"No tricks." Thanos raises the gauntlet onto Strange instead of me.

"Don't!" I yell.

He takes the stone and puts it in his gauntlet, "One to go."
He then disappears through a portal.

I catch Tony in my arms, "Where is he?" Quill asks.
Tony uses what he can in his suit to stitch up his wound. "Did we just lose?"

Tony turns to Strange, "Why would you do that?"

"We're in the Endgame now."

I go over to Peter and hug him, he was upset  "It's okay." I whisper.

We all sit down, trying to collect ourselves after this fight.

"Something's happening." Mantis looks around. I look over to see her fading to ashes.

"Quill?" Next was Drax.

"Steady, Quill." Tony says:

"Aw, man." Quill also gets disintegrated into ashes.

"Tony, there was no other way." Strange says as he fades.

"Mr. Stark? Y/N?" We turn to look at Peter. "I don't feel so good..."

"No...Peter." I whisper.

Tony's voice shakes, "You're all right?"

Peter stumbles, "I don't know what's -- I don't know what's happening. I don't--" Peter falls into Tony's arms, clutching him tight while beginning to cry. "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, Mr. Stark, please. Y/N help me Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go..." He falls down and looks up at us. "I'm sorry."

I cover my mouth in shock as I start to cry,  "He did it." The woman Nebula says.