Chapter 17 - Bar Fight

I wake up on a small couch, "Tony?" I groan as I hold my hand on my head.

"Hey, take it easy. I think you have a concussion." Tony sits beside me.

"Woah, who's the kid?" I ask.

"That's Harley"

"Hey kid." I nod, groaning in pain as Tony cleans the wound on my forehead. "I'm Y/N."

"Put this over your suit, we need to move." Tony nods, pulling me up.

"The sandwich was fair, the spring was a little rusty, the rest of the materials, I'll make do. By the way, when you said your sister had a watch, I was kinda hoping for something a little more than that." Tony pulls his sleeve up and we see he's wearing a little girl's pink watch, Harley and I laugh.

"She's six! Anyway, it's limited edition. When can we talk about New York?"

"Maybe never, relax about it." Tony nods.

"What about The Avengers, can you talk about them?" He asks us.

"I don't know, later. Hey kid, give me a little space." We stop and Tony and I look at the remains of the local explosion site that Tony and I investigated. "What's the official story here? What happened?"

"I guess this guy named Chad Davis, used to live roundabouts, won a bunch of medals in the army. One day, folks said he went crazy and made, you know, a bomb. Then he blew himself up right here."

"Six people died, right?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"Including Chad Davis?" I ask Harley.

"Yeah."

"Yeah. That doesn't make sense." I point. "Think about it. Six dead, only five shadows."

"Yeah, people said these shadows are like the mark of souls gone to Heaven. Except the bomb guy, he went to Hell on account of he didn't get a shadow. That's why there's only five."

"Do you buy that?" Tony asks.

"That's what everyone says. You know what this crater reminds me of?"

"No idea. I'm not...I don't care." Tony shakes his head.

"That giant wormhole, in um...in New York. Does it remind you?"

"That's manipulative. I don't want to talk about it." Tony shakes his head, I look over confused as Tony starts to freak out.

"Are they coming back? The aliens?"

"Maybe. Can you stop? Remember when I told you, that I have an anxiety issue?" Tony says.

"What?" I ask.

"Does this subject make you...make you edgy?"

"Yeah, a little bit. Can I just catch my breath for a second?" Tony stands.

"Are there bad guys in Rose Hills? Do you...do you need a plastic bag to breathe into? Do you have medication?" Harley asks.

"Nope."

"Do you need to be on it?" He asks.

Tony nods, "Probably."

"Do you have PTSD?"

Tony starts to pace, "I don't think so."

"Are you...are you going completely mental? I can stop, do you want me to stop? Do you want me to stop?"

"Remember when I said to stop doing that? I swear to God, you're going to freak me out! Ah man, you did it, didn't you? You happy now?" Tony starts running off.