Chapter 49 - Weird Doctor

James sits down and stares at the ground as Sam and I were laying down.

"You all right?" Sam asks him.

"Let's take the shield, Guys. Let's take the shield and do this ourselves."

"We can't just run up on the man, beat him up, and take it. Do you remember what happened the last time we stole it?" Sam asks.

"I could take it....mess with his mind." I shrug.

"I'll help you in case you forgot. Sharon was branded enemy of the state, and Steve and I were on the run for two years. I don't know about you, but I don't wanna live the rest of my life la vida loca. We just got our ass handed to us by Super Soldiers, and we got nothing." Sam says.

"Not entirely true. There is someone that you should meet."

We walk down a neighborhood in Baltimore, seeing two kids sitting down. "Hey, it's Black Falcon. What's up?" A kid yells.

"It's just Falcon, kid."

"No, no. My daddy told me it's Black Falcon." The kid smiles.

"Is it because I'm Black and I'm the Falcon?"

"Well, technically, I mean, yes." He nods.

"So are you, like, Black kid?" Sam laughs. "I got him, right?"

James leads us to a house and knocks, "we're here to see Isaiah." He says as a kid opens the door.

"Nobody named Isaiah live here."

"Look, we just want to talk to him." James nods.

"You must not hear what I just said. You ain't getting in this house. Y'all can leave now."

"Tell him the guy from the bar in Goyang is here. He's gonna know what that means." James whispers.

"All right, wait here."

"Nice kid. How do you know this guy?" I ask.

"I used to. We had a skirmish during the Korean War." James nods.

The boy opens the door, "Today's your lucky day. He said he wanna see for himself."

We walk inside to see a man staring coldly, "Isaiah?" James asks.

"Look at you."

"This is, uh, Sam and Y/N. Sam...Y/N, this is Isaiah. He was a hero. One of the ones that Hydra feared the most. Like Steve. We met in '51." James nods.

"If by met, you mean I whupped your ass, then, yeah. We heard whispers he was on the peninsula, but everyone they sent after him, never came back. So the U.S. military dropped me behind the line to go deal with him. I took half that metal arm in that fight in Goyang, but I see he's managed to grow it back. I just wanted to see if he got the arm back. Or if he'd come to kill me." Isaiah says.

"I'm not a killer anymore." James whispers.

"You think you can wake up one day and decide who you wanna be? It doesn't work like that. Well, maybe it does for folks like you."

"Isaiah, the reason we're here is because there's more of you and me out there." James nods.

"You and me." Isaiah chuckles to himself.

"And we need to know how."

"I'm not gonna talk about it anymore." Isaiah slams a metal tin box into the wall. My power swirls at my hands as I jump. "You know what they did to me for being a hero? They put my ass in jail for 30 years. People running tests, taking my blood, coming into my cell. Even your people weren't done with me."