Chapter 37 - New Friends?

Tony caught me up on everything, the ship starts to make some noises as he finishes.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asks.

"I think we're here." Strange says.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function. Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?" Tony asks Peter.

"Yep, got it."

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta to move at the same time." Tony nods.

"Okay. Okay. Ready." The ringship is heading straight for the center of what looks like one of a colossal game of jacks. "We might wanna turn. Turn! Turn! Turn!!"

Tony armors up as the ringship clips a structure, Peter throws up his helmet at the same time. Doctor Strange steps between them and creates the Shield of the Seraphim around us all, anticipating a rough landing.

The ship, now reduced to about 45%, plows through the dirt and stops, leaning slightly to one side. I fall forward as it lands, Strange catches me and helps me up, smiling down to me.

"You alright? That was close. I owe you one." Tony nods at Strange.

Suddenly Peter descends from the ceiling, "Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I eat one of you, I'm sorry."

Tony points at Peter, "I don't wanna hear another single pop culture out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?"

"I'm trying to say that...something is coming." Peter nods.

A grenade rolls into view, we all get thrown well back when it fires its energy pulse.

"THANOS!!!!" A man flings a blade at Doctor Strange, who neatly deflects it with a mystical shield, and in return sends the Cloak of Levitation at The guys face, half-smothering him and throwing him to the floor. Another man and Tony have a brief dogfight until a magnetic disc pins Tony face-first to a structure.

Peter crawls backwards as a woman chases him, "AH! WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA! PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR EGGS IN ME!"

I blast her away from him as he webs her. Just then the man fighting Tony grabs Peter and aims some sort of gun at his head.

My power swirls at my hands, ready to blast the man away from Peter. "Everybody, stay where you are, chill the F out!" The man with Peter yells.

"Let go of my kid!" I yell.

The man takes off his helmet, "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?"

Tony takes his off as well, "Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?"

The man at Tony's feet yells. "I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora?"

"Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to you, I'm gonna French-fry this little freak."

"You hurt my child, I will pull out your organs through your ears!" I yell, making the man look at me in disgust.

"Let's do it! You shoot my guy, I blast him. Let's go!" Tony extends his nano-tech cannon.

"Do it, Quill! I can take it." The man at Tony's feet yells.

"No, he can't take it!" The woman with antennas yells.

"She's right. You can't." Strange nods.

"Oh yeah? You don't wanna tell me where she is? That's fine, I'll kill all four of you and beat it out of Thanos myself!" He looks at Peter, "Starting with you!"