Chapter 11 - Lab

I walk in beside Tony and Coulson, still in my suit. "I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" Bruce asks.

"It's a stabilizing agent." Tony says. "I'll fly you there. Keep the love alive." He says to Coulson.

"Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at Shield." I nod.

Tony lightly smacks Thors arm, "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing.....Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." He turns to the crew, "Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did." Tony then covers his eye and looks around, "How does Fury do this?"

"He turns." Agent Hill says.

"Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube." Tony nods.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hill.

"Last night....Y/N also taught me.....The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?"

Agent Hill, Banner, Natasha, and Cap all look at me in shock.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Cap looks away from me.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." I nod.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony says.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." Banner nods.

"Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony smiles.

Cap looks around,  "Is that what just happened?"

Tony and Banner shake hands. A glimmer in their eyes shines as the mutual respect for each other shows.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."

"Thanks." Banner looks down.

I walk over and shake his hand, "I think your brilliant....I admire your work." I smile.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you two might join him." Fury walks in.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon." Cap nods.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys."

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor says, confused.

"I do! I understood that reference." Cap says, proud of himself.

Tony and I both roll our eyes, "Shall we play, doctor?" He asks.

"Let's play some."

The three of us get right to work in the lab....Bruce was such a nice man.

Bruce was continuously scanning with a gamma ray detection scanner on the scepter for radiation. Tony and I look at our monitors, shifting and solving as many algorithms and equations.

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process." Bruce says.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops." I nod.