53. Protect

Ignore the mistakes plz

Third person pov

Jungkook-- jk-- was terribly angry. The image of his upset mate kept playing in his mind and he was so mad at himself for letting his mate get hurt.

It was his duty to keep his mate happy and protect him but he let taehyung get mad-- even though he was right with him.

"Alpha, he doesn't-" someone dared to speak and was cut off by a loud and dangerous growl from the true blood-- which forced all of them to go on their knees and submit.

Baekhyun and hoseok had to submit to the angry true blood too, but were more than happy that this was happening.

They didn't want to see taehyung sad-- both being totally protective over him as they were alphas and so they weren't sad that they were forced into submission but happy that jungkook was speaking up for taehyung.

Jk scanned the room with angry eyes, teeth bared in anger, ready to lash out on somebody and kill them.

Mr. Choi who found it difficult to keep quiet, said,

"The pathetic moonwolf doesn't deserve this good treatment."

The next moment, a loud crash was heard and a now broken chair lay shattered beside Mr. Choi, after being thrown by the furious true blood.

"Shut up" jungkook seethes.

It took everything in his to not kill the middle aged man. He spoke up, terribly angry,

"Pathetic? You call him pathetic?! Have you fucking seen yourself?! You assholes do know that he saved your lives yet you dare to speak shit about him!" He yelled.

Taehyung looks up at the true blood, eyes showing no expression but somehow, deep inside him, he felt really good that jungkook was this angry only because they hurt him.

He was happy and made no efforts to try to stop the true blood from killing one of them.

"Useless, my foot! He is worth much more than any of you idiots! He is the fucking reason I am living! I would have killed myself if it wasn't for him!"

Those words made taehyung's heart beat faster.

The words replaying in his mind.

I am the reason he is living.

And it made him feel really warm from inside because Jungkook had indirectly admitted that he wouldn't be able to live without him.

"Don't deserve to live you say? Then think about that again, because taehyung atleast had a life purpose-- a one which he completed. He isn't like you all-- a fucking waste of space!"

He growled before saying,

"He is a moonwolf but that doesn't make him worthless-- instead it just makes him even more precious than anything else! All of you are just blind to see it!"

The students and Mr. Choi whimpered in fear. They shook slightly at the extremely dominant pheromones which was coming from jungkook.

"Trust me...." Jungkook starts, looking down , voice calm and aura dark.

".....trust me, if this happens again-- if you dare hurt my taehyung in any way again, I will kill you."

And they knew he wasn't joking. They knew that it wasn't just an empty threat-- they would surely be killed if they tried to hurt the moonwolf.

Jungkook turned around, walking towards taehyung.

Without hesitation he picked taehyung up bridal style, who gasped and looked around the room, trying to see if someone had seen jungkook pick him up.

After what happened right now-- he felt that maybe, just maybe, because of him, jungkook might suffer too. The people hated him more than anything but he didn't want jungkook to get any hatred because of him.

After whatever happened to jungkook, he didn't want the older to suffer even a little more.

He didn't know that his sufferings were the cause of Jungkook's suffering.

Taehyung sighed, relieved, when he saw all their heads bowed down.

Jungkook took taehyung out of the room, and taehyung did not miss the way baekhyun smirked at him.

Taehyung held onto jungkook tightly, staring at his side profile and sees his eyes hard, still red, and body tense.

Jungkook carried taehyung all the way to the backyard of the college campus.

Sitting down on the bench, he placed taehyung on his lap, holding onto him tightly.

He still felt that taehyung was upset-- the pained and hurt expression of taehyung from earlier not leaving his mind--  and so the true blood wolf did the closest thing he could do to comfort his mate-- he rocked taehyung back and forth softly.

But taehyung didn't need any type of comfort now.

Yes, he was hurt because of the harsh words which was thrown at him but when he saw the protective side of jungkook, the only thing in mind after that was the way the older stood for him.

So, right now, he wanted to calm the true blood wolf. He patted Jungkook's head, knowing how much the actions calmed the older.

Both were trying to comfort each other-- the other mattering more to them than themselves.

Jk hummed, pulling back and looking at taehyung with soft, sad eyes.

"Sorry, mate." Jk muttered making taehyung blush at being called 'mate'.

"Why are you apologising, my big bad Wolfie?" Taehyung asks, smiling softly.

"I didn't protect mate..."

Taehyung's eyes soften.

"It wasn't your fault. None of it was."

Jk sighs, shaking his head in a sad manner.

Taehyung pouts, leaning forward and pecking Jungkook's lips-- a thing they always did to calm the other when they are distressed, sad or angry.

Jungkook's eyes immediately turn back to it's normal deep black colour.

He stared at taehyung's beautiful brown eyes now, their faces only inches apart.

"Tae.." jungkook starts, he still felt bad even though the peck made his wolf calm down completely.

"Kookie, I'm alright" taehyung says, knowing why jungkook sounded sad.

"How could they......how could they speak stuff like that about you? You're the only light in my dark life."

Taehyung smiles wholeheartedly.

He truly does value me so much.

"Kookie.....all they do is speak. Yeah, I felt bad but I'm not sad or hurt anymore."

"Tae, I don't know what you mean when you say that you aren't  hurt anymore. There is no way that their shitty behaviour and words would not make you feel insecure about yourself." Jungkook says and frowns, hating that the words might have affected taehyung.

Taehyung shook his head and then says,

"Kook, all those people mean nothing to me. Their words never got to me. Yes, I did felt bad, but that was only for a while because they were being just very harsh otherwise their words won't matter to me at all."

Jungkook holds him tighter and says,

"Remember tae, whatever happens, don't ever think that you're worthless or pathetic or anything like that-- you're not even close to that. You mean so so much to me, tae-- you can't even imagine how much. Just never doubt your worth-- ever."

Taehyung smiles, nodding softly and pecking Jungkook's lips softly again.

The action was very common among the two of them-- yet it always managed to make Jungkook's heart beat faster and cheeks grow warmer.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x