Chapter 26 pt. 2

Blaine's POV

Blaine anxiously paced around the park. The show started in a half hour and he was incredibly stressed. He had been named the 'official unofficial event coordinator '. Westerville Park was a large space, but Blaine wasn't sure if there would be enough space. They'd put up flyers in Lima and Westerville, and apparently a lot of people were coming.

"Where's Puck with the fireworks?" Blaine asked Rachel as he paced.

"Relax, the show doesn't start for a while and we only need the fireworks at midnight." Rachel said soothingly.

"Right." Blaine nodded and kept pacing.

"Quick question, why does Sebastian have that much alcohol just casually sitting in his house?" Kurt walked up and gestured to the booth were Seb was setting up drinks.

"Ah, his dad was an avid alcohol collector.... and drinker." Explained Blaine. Kurt shook his head in understanding.

"The new New Directions are getting ready with the new Warblers and the alumni are helping set up." Informed Mr. Shue as he walked by.

"Awesome." Blaine looked around happily. The stage was built and prepped, drinks booth was set up, and decorations were being put up. The park had white lights up left over from Christmas and someone had streamers and party balloons. It was festive and bright, the light bringing in the new year.

"Hey, everyone should start warming up." Nick walked up and tapped Blaine on the shoulder.

"Okay." Everyone gathered in a big circle behind the stage as people started to arrive on the other side of the stage. The sound of people getting drinks and setting up chairs and blankets was different from usual pre-show sounds, but Blaine was tingling with excitement nonetheless.

The group streched and ran through vocal warm ups right until start time. One of the new Warblers ran up to Blaine and handed him a mic.

"It's time." The boy said nervously.

"Alright, we got this. Now let's go show 'em what we're made of!" Everyone cheered as Blaine ran onto stage.

"Hello, Westerville! My name is Blaine, and we're so excited you decided to spend your New Year's Eve with us!" Blaine paused as the crowd cheered. "Now, as many of you know, the Haverbrook School for the Deaf recently burned down. The state has decided not to fund the rebuild, which means we need all of you to help us! Dalton Academy and Hummel Tires and Lube on behalf of McKinley High,  have both donated generously to the cause, but we need more help. You can donate at any point of the show, there's donation buckets by the stage and by the drinks booth. And all proceededs from the drink booth goes to the rebuild of Haverbrook. Starting off tonights show, please welcome from Dalton Academy, the Warblers!" The crowd cheered as Blaine exited the stage and the new Warblers entered.

There's a lightning in your eyes I can't deny Then there's me inside a sinking boat, running out of time

Without you I'll never make it out alive But I know, yes I know we'll be alright There's a devil in your smile, it's chasing me And every time I turn around it's only gaining speed There's a moment when you finally realize There's no way you can change the rolling tide But I know, yes I know that I'll be fine

This time I'm ready to run (oh-oh) Escape from the city and follow the sun 'Cause I wanna be yours Don't you wanna be mine? I don't wanna get lost in the dark of the night This time I'm ready to run (oh-oh) Wherever you are is the place I belong 'Cause I wanna be free And I wanna be young I will never look back, now I'm ready to run I'm ready to run

There's a future jn my life I can't foresee Unless of course I stay on course And keep you next to me There will always be the kind that criticize But I know, yes I know we'll be alright This time I'm ready to run (oh-oh)