Chapter 7

Hey! So this chapter has a duet, yay! Blaine's part will look like this, and Sebastian's part looks like this. And when they're both singing it will be in the normal italics. There's some cute stuff in this chapter too. I also think I selected the right duet for this situation, but lemme know in the comments!

-satire_of_saturn

================================================================================================================================================================

Blaine's POV

DING DONG! Blaine answered the door but there wasn't anyone there. He looked down and saw a beautiful bouquet of red roses. Attached to the flowers was a simple note that said 'Thanks, Killer'. Blaine smiled and sniffed them. 'Mmmm smells good! That's so sweet.' He knew they were from Sebastian because he was the only one who called him 'Killer'. He also knew Seb sent them as a thank you for their date last night at Breadsticks. Blaine was a little bummed about missing Homecoming, but Sebastian was more important. Sebastian was romantic, just more shy about it. It was the little things Seb did, like sending flowers, or cute text messages, or compliments that Blaine liked. Seb didn't declare his undying love dramatically on one knee, but Blaine knew Sebastian loved him. Now it was Blaine's turn to do something romantic. 

A Few Days Later...

Blaine was a genius. Or at least he thought so. It had been a couple days since Homecoming and Blaine had finally come up with the perfect way to help Sebastian. God, he couldn't wait to tell Seb, or rather sing it. He just hoped Seb would agree.

"Blaine! Sebastian's here!" Called his mom from downstairs. Blaine opened his bedroom door and Seb was right there. 

"Hi!" Greeted Blaine. "Oh I like that jacket!" Sebastian wore a red bomber jacket with a blue button up underneath as well as blue denim jeans. Seb thanked him and flopped down on Blaine's bed. 'I should probably get to the point right away, no beating around the bush.'

"Hey Seb, you know that musical, Dear Evan Hansen?" Seb had to know the musical to do a duet from it.

Sebastian nodded and replied, "Yeah, I like it, why?" Blaine gave a mysterious smile and walked over to the keyboard in his room.

I don't need you to sell me on reasons to want you
I don't need you to search for the proof that I should
You don't have to convince me
You don't have to be scared you're not enough
'Cause what we've got going is good

I don't need more reminders of all that's been broken
I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget
Clear the slate and start over
Try to quiet the noises in your head
We can't compete with all that

So what if it's us?
What if it's us
And only us
And what came before won't count anymore or matter?
Can we try that?

What if it's you
And what if it's me
And what if that's all that we need it to be
And the rest of the world falls away?
What do you say?

I never thought there'd be someone like you who would want me
Well
So I give you ten thousand reasons to not let me go
But if you really see me
If you like me for me and nothing else
Well, that's all that I've wanted for longer that you could possibly know

So it can be us
It can be us
And only us
And what came before won't count anymore or matter
We can try that