Chapter 32; Into The Night.

Jughead.

A dream was it? One thing's for sure is that dreams always have a point, a meaning. They tend to come across in some retrospect as a vision. Perhaps of the future? This was the case for my best pal Archie Andrews. It wasn't too long after Archie had this vision that prom began to circulate where he and Veronica began their unequivocally scheme of lies to avoid the truth hitting me in the face.  Alongside, my sister turning out to be the mysterious auteur. The barchie affair was lingering like a subtle form of smoke that if you got too close to the truth you began to choke on it, which changed a lot of things for Betty and I. After graduation, Archie departed for basic training to become a vetran, which dismembered most of the scooby gang. Veronica took a roadtrip with her mother, Betty left for Yale early, and yet I wasn't expected to go to Iowa later in the fall. Before Archie left we'd all made a promise to meet back at pops once a year. Unfortunately, that didn't happen due to the dawning realisation of reality and we all had things going on. 

To note seven years had passed. Seven quick years. I became a published writer, Veronica got married, Archie was in a war and Betty was training to be an FBI agent. Finally the scooby gang returned to Riverdale for Pops' retirement party, which ended up being a recruitment mission for Archie to keep us all in Riverdale as school teacher's for Riverdale's quickly dying economy. Though through the facade and barriers of walls the Ghoulies put up, Riverdale was coming to life again at heart. However, there was something strange going on in Riverdale as usual, this time an infamous tall tale revolving around the concept of aliens otherwise known as "The Mothman" began to resurface. Kidnapping people on the Lonely Highway including Betty's sister, Polly Cooper.  I suppose I dug too deep with this new mystery that loomed over Riverdale, and between writing my novel it was hard to succumb to the absolute truth before me. Putting myself in a kidnap situation of my own. Whilst, Veronica left Riverdale to go back to New York to sort things out with Chad for a while, leaving Archie questioning his motives, Betty and Alice left with the early intrusion of Charles and Chic and Glen who is now in hospital, and lastly Cheryl's surprise return of her mother Penelope Blossom to the latest renovated Thornhill. 

Thursday, 10:25 AM, Riverdale Mainstreet

Archie.

Archie kicked up a beat along the rigid, worn road. When Archie was in high school the mainstreet of Riverdale would always be flooded with people and oncoming traffic, despite how loud it used to get it was now reduced to a dull echo, which made Archie feel different about the town he'd grown up in, the town his late father contributed to building and fixing up, now all in pieces. 

Archie made his way across the street until his body aligned with the Flower Shop "La Petite Fleur Magasin" meaning "The Small Flower Shop". An old part of the town's history and a business that wasn't struck by Riverdale's terrible economy. A soft jingle rang through the store as Archie entered. Archie took in all the scents around him, until his eyes landed on an eldery lady flicking through the latest newspaper before meeting his eyes.