Chapter 18; The Killing Hour.

Jughead. 

Many people are afraid to admit, but let me be the first. There's a killer amongst us, one, in fact, that was around during our teenage years. There to torment us. Scare us. A threat. We always suspected would turn into something bigger, well, I guess now it has. Many children around the world were lining up their halloween costumes and baskets for the one spooky celebration of the year. Unlike any other year in Riverdale, halloween felt scarier. However, especially for Betty and Archie who found out that one of their high school friends was somehow intertwined with the whole Auteur Mystery. At least, so they believed. 

Monday, 10:52 AM, Seaside Pawn Keepers. 

One foot in front of the other, Veronica emerged into the store. Veronica gently slid the door open, unsure of what was in store for her. Looking around, the sight wasn't suspicious to a point where she thought shady deals were being made. It looked ordinary. Though, Chad wasn't there, and the only way out was the door Veronica came through. Veronica heard the sound of another engine. "Maybe this is my chance to get out while I still can before he sees me." Veronica thought to herself. Her light tred back out of the store made her footsteps undetectable. 

As she looked up, the sky was growing darker. More clouds emerged, filling up the sky. "Who can help me figure out what Chad is up to?" She told herself quietly. Veronica knew that she couldn't ask Betty after what she did, and Jughead and her were in an awkward place from their summer fling all those years ago. "That was seven years ago! I'm sure he's over it." Veronica continued. 

9PM, Five Seasons

9PM, Five Seasons.

Day turned to night and the subtle formation of the clouds grew into a lightning storm. Veronica heard a knock at the door. "Is it the person I'm expecting?" Veronica thought to herself, as she cautiously made her way over to the door. Gently, she untightened the bolts, and pulled the door away from her face, whipping her hair back. 

"Jughead!" She said happily, reaching her arm out to extend a hug. 

Jughead hugs her. "Nice to see you too, Veronica."Jughead replied in the same voice.

For a moment they just stared at one another, as over time, faces became forgetful. 

After inviting him in, she meets his gaze straight on. 

Jughead shuts the door behind him. "So why did you call me here?" Jughead asked in an awkward voice.

Veronica takes in a deep breath. "I'm sure you're aware of the tape released about Kevin, and how it's similar to the ones that were released when we were teenagers." Veronica responded. 

Jughead's voice grew short. "Yeah, I've already done some sleuthing-but I think it proves that Kevin is alive."

"I think it does too. I think I know someone who might be involved. Things just don't feel right with him at the moment." Veronica said in a shaky voice.