Chapter 6; Separate Ways.

Friday, 8:30 PM Graduation After Party.

Archie, Betty and Jughead begin to pull away from the rest of the graduates at the party after getting into many drinks and games earlier in the night. 

"Really glad you made it, Archie." Jughead said happily.

"Thanks man. I am too." Archie replied.

With the awkwardness that had still lingered in the air from the previous week, Archie begins to isolate himself a bit and mingling with some other groups leaving Betty and Jughead together.

"There's something I need to talk to you about." Jughead softly said, not making any eye contact.

"Yeah, what is it?" Betty asked. 

Jughead doesn't try to pull her aside, if anything he tries to make a scene so to Bret it would appear clear. 

"I don't think we should see each other anymore!" Jughead just about yelled.

"Wait, what? I thought everything was fine! You said we were fine..." Betty breaks into a cry.

"Yeah, well I haven't been telling the truth okay? I still can't get over what you and Archie did, and we're both going to different colleges now. There's no point in long-distance for 4 years, it just won't work, I want to move on from this town, this havoc,  these people and that includes you." Jughead said with a deceitful look on his face.

"But, Jug. I love you, and you said you loved me didn't you? We said that we would make it work! Why are you giving up on that now?" Betty questioned downheartedly.

"I thought I loved you, but I don't think I do anymore. You and Archie deserve each other for what you did, and who knows maybe you are the auteur, no one else would pull a stunt like this one. Goodbye Betty." Jughead replied with a dispassionate voice.

Jughead walks away leaving Betty standing alone with tears falling down her face, as many people watch from across the room.

Betty falls up against a wall, dreaded in pain. From a distance she spots Veronica, who then meets her eye. Veronica helplessly turns away and focuses her attention back to dancing with Reggie and Cheryl. Betty starts to feel a deeper sense of loneliness on a night where she should be feeling loved for one of the last times with those around her. Betty's sadness becomes anger, she quickly gets up and begins to push past people for the door bumping into Kevin.