Chapter 35; Truth On The Horizon.

Jughead.

Memory is a funny thing especially the traumatic or bad things we're not able to move past. It lives deep within our brain. These memories can control us, make us who we are and shape who we're becoming. However, those wounds that are left untreated within our mind stop at nothing to remind us that they're there. Take Archie Andrews for instance, who's still conflicting with his time at war and Betty Cooper's time as an FBI trainee being kidnapped into TBK's lair. I guess both of them admit to themselves that they have things to work out, but no one besides themselves would understand or so they thought. Though, memory wasn't the only thing some people in Riverdale were struggling with, rather some locked in the present. 

Saturday, 8AM, Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe

Tabitha, Toni, Cheryl & Fangs. 

Each second felt like an eternity as smoulders of fire began to ignite, tracing and paving an outline of fire opening up Pop's like the impact of lava hitting a surface. Or soon to be a powder keg, only taking one match for it to all go.

All went quiet, as Tabitha slowly emerged from behind the counter as the orange fluorescent lights caught her eye. "Is everyone okay?" She shouted hinting she was traumatised.

From Tabitha's view everyone seemed to be fine, maybe with some slight injury.

Emerging from the wielded circle of flames were a bunch of Ghoulies looking for trouble.

Cheryl rolled her eyes. "Can't there ever be a normal day in Riverdale without all this havoc?" She asked herself.

One of the Ghoulies laughed maniacally and tilted their head back to Tabitha reaching out for a chair to stand on. "By orders of the king we're here to shake this place up a bit. Step aside, leave and you won't be harmed. Refusal to leave, well then there'll only be consequences for you." The Ghoulie yelled. 

Tabitha scoffed. "Your king you say? What? Hiram Lodge? He's no king, he's only ever tried to bring this town down from the start. So, how about you and your little goon squad hit the road because I'm sure Sheriff Keller's on his way along with the Fire Department after I pushed the emergency button behind the counter a while ago." She shot back trying to keep their distance in case they tried anything. 

The Ghoulie snickered and turned for the door. "Come on boys, boss doesn't enjoy paying for our bail. Guess we've done enough this time." 

The Ghoulies left the diner without causing any more trouble. Once the coast was clear the four emerged out of the wreckage. Pop's mightn't be completely ruined, but like Riverdale High, it's another heart of the town that's broken. 

Tabitha felt her whole body grow weak from the shock she was feeling. Grappling with her thoughts on what she was going to do next she was still unsure of where Jughead was.