Chapter 27; A Riverdale Christmas.

Jughead.

The seasons quickly passed and it was already time for Christmas. Whilst most of Riverdale were putting out their christmas stockings, Calliope Cooper was doing the exact opposite, unless I had the wrong idea about Shankshaw Prison. As Riverdale life was finally returning to normal, people still couldn't shake it that a comet landed in Riverdale. Dilton was right about it, though, barely right about the size. Thank the mine for cushioning the blow. Calliope's mine swept the comet up in great depths, to a point in which it only affected a few local homes and the Riverdale Marina that became flooded by the lake. Thankfully, after all this mayhem it was finally time to celebrate and in the best way possible- with our family. Though, we were all too quick to believe that we'd be able to spend time with our family on Christmas. After the comet the town was quarantined. Anyone who was in, well got to go about their daily lives, which seemed odd. Though, on the other side of the town with pep were our families, forced to stay out of Riverdale. Why? Because the rest of the town were deemed unfit to comply with the terms around this comet. Apparently our scooby gang deemed the opposite and we're supposed to stay in town in case anything happened to us during the comet's landing. The facade was that this seemed all too bad, though, like the diamond under the rumble, it was a blessing in disguise. A chance to reform our image with our friends, and to be reminded of lost times. 

Christmas Day, 5:32 PM, Betty's House.

Betty's eyes search for Archie. "Arch, could you fill the salad bowls and put them out on the table please!" Betty shouted from across the room. 

Archie shifted to meet her eyes. "Yeah, for sure." 

The sound of the doorbell echoed through the house into the dining room. Betty runs across the room and puts on her Christmas carols playlist.

Betty let out a soft smile. "They must be here!" She exclaimed excitedly.

Archie moved closer to Betty and squeezed her hand. He was almost parallel to Betty, pulling the same face. They both were aware that this Christmas was going to be very different to any other Christmas, even though they weren't spending it with their family they still had hope that the turn out would be good. 

As they emerged closer to the door they could hear the chatter of their friends in the distance with the impatient doorbell rings of Jughead eager to eat. 

Archie and Betty both notice Jughead. "Some things never change." Archie chuckled, as Betty let out a quiet laugh.

Betty swung the door past her face. "You're all here!" She said, inviting them all in. 

 6:43 PM, Betty's House

Time began to quickly pass. As the group were sitting down for dinner, there was a short awkward silence that lingered through exchanges of glances and loud slurps before anyone was brave enough to speak up. Though, once one of them started talking, they all had something to say, share from their experience over the past seven years.