Chapter 14; Homecoming.

Jughead.

Guilt, fear, two main concepts that prune with the innocence Veronica, Jughead, Betty and Archie left behind when they left Riverdale. The some lines that divided the few made their time in Riverdale blurred and distorted as if they were just fragments in time, a conversion of memories jumbled up to a point where they're scrambled. Each of the four had a late return back to Riverdale, a return that was only brought to reason because of a fellow late friend that had passed. "Suspected murder, after being missing for several weeks , last spotted at Shadow Lake where one of the murder weapons were found with traces of Kevin's DNA on it, along with another that we are still unsure of." Dr Curdle Jnr said. Who is the other?

Friday, 9:19 AM, Riverdale, 2027

Archie was on his way to El Royale, just as he saw Betty comfortably sitting on her front steps, sipping a warm cup of tea. Slowly, he makes his way over. Sitting himself down beside her as the words start pouring out.

"I'm glad to see that you are back on your feet again." Archie said with sympathetic determination in his voice.

"Yeah, feeling heaps better since you came to my rescue, Arch." Betty replied with a weak smile. 

"I heard Veronica and Jughead are going to be back in town today." Archie said as he crossed his arms.

Betty lowered her head. "Yeah, I heard. I think I'm going to do my best to avoid them. I'm supposed to be meeting Charles and Dr Curdle Jnr to gain intel about my near death experience the other night and what happened to Kevin before his funeral next week." 

"Could I come with you? I want justice for Kevin as much as you do." Archie said turning to her.

"Sure, Arch." Betty replied.

"Is Jughead coming back here?" Archie asked.

"I have no clue, I mean he will probably want to see Jellybean, so it's likely." Betty said hoarsely. 

"I never had the opportunity to ask, but how was the Naval Academy? I haven't heard you say anything about it." Betty continued.

"It wasn't really what I expected, I did some service after months of training, but still got to stay in the music program, which made my whole time there better or at least included an area which I was more interested in." Archie replied gazing up to the sky.

"What about you?" Archie questioned.

"Well, I graduated from Yale three years ago, got my bachelor's degree for Criminal Psychology and since then have been working in a Clerk's Office in New Haven. I guess it's not my ideal job as I'm just running errands all day, but it's about building myself up I guess." 

Archie turned his back to her. "Sounds like you have your life in order. Me on the other hand, I'm just back in Riverdale full time now." Archie replies.