Chapter 22; The Dying Light.

Jughead.

In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask. Though, every once in a while this mask slips and the truth about ourselves are shown. In this case, Hermosa was wearing a mask, and underneath was something way worse. She was following in her father's footsteps, this started with what happened in Seaside. Whilst, on the other side of Riverdale laid Betty and Archie at Riverdale General Hospital. This left Archie with critical injuries and burns, however, had left Betty with only slight injuries and smoke inhalation. 

11:32 AM, Riverdale General Hospital. 

Betty awoke from her slumber. She yanked on anything she could to free herself. Her eyes diluted from the shadowy blurs that fixated her vision. Once they were less impaired, she began to see a figure sitting on a chair on the right hand side of the room. Betty at first didn't quite understand why she was here, let alone where. Slowly, the figure turned their head, and it became clear that it was Alice.

Alice pulled a relieved face. "Honey, thank god you're okay!" She said, scurrying over to hug her.

"Mom, what happened?" Betty winced, as she sat herself up. 

"You and your friends went to that Seaside pawn store, and by the time you almost got out, the store and mine collapsed." Alice explained. 

"Thankfully a lady came on sight and found you and Archie when she did." Alice continued.

Betty raised an eyebrow. "What did this woman look like?" Betty asked.

Alice sighs. "I honestly can't remember. Though, I think she worked there."

"Is Archie okay?" Betty asked in a scared voice.

"They're not sure Betty, he has suffered critical burns and injuries. You're both lucky to even be still alive, it's just remarkable that you made it out alive." Alice replied, placing a hand on Betty's cheek.

"It won't be remarkable if Archie doesn't make it. He saved me, Mom. Is bearing it, so I don't have to." Betty sniffled.

Betty became restless. "I have to see him!" Betty exclaimed, as she tried to stand. 

"I'm pretty sure no one is allowed to see him yet. Besides, you need to rest!" Alice shouted.

Betty felt her feet touch the floor and rose to her feet.

11:53 AM, Riverdale General Hospital. 

Just down the hall from Betty, Kevin and Archie's hospital rooms, sat their friends. The majority banded together to try and piece together what had happened at Seaside.

Cheryl stops mid-way through her conversation, and redirects her focus to Jughead. She could hear the background sounds of chomping and things constantly falling from the vending machine.

"Can you stop scavenging through that vending machine, you hungry hippo!" Cheryl snapped in an annoyed voice.

Jughead turned to look at Cheryl. "I don't have a car Cheryl, and its too far to walk to Pop's. At least, I have an appetite." Jughead growled.