Chapter 1; The Beginning Of The End.

Jughead.

"Do you know how in those movies where in small towns bad things always seem to happen? Well, for the past four years Riverdale has been one of those small towns. Our story again returns to where we left off, with the departure of Mr Honey. After his grand gesture to write me a letter of recommendation, I have decided to not judge our next principal too quickly. However, everyone is afraid to say it, but there is something among us in this town. Something dark, possibly evil creating those abominable video tapes. Everyone in Riverdale wears a mask. The videos however, don't try to hide this, but for the dramatic effect of these schematic masks looking like us, it proves they want something from us."

Monday, 12:40PM.

Jughead swiftly closed his untainted laptop and peered out the door of the student lounge. 

Betty strides in, greeting him with a warm smile. "Hey Jug!" she said excitedly as a tender smile spread across her face. 

"What are you so exhilarated about?" Jughead asked smiling back.

Betty sat herself down beside him, resting an elbow in his direction. "Well, I just got the year book completed, and since Mr Honey is gone, tomorrow night is Prom!" Her words electrified.

Jughead tries to not admit that he isn't excited. He reaches out for Betty's arm and tries to talk to her quietly. "We never really discussed the other night, at Sheriff Minetta's cabin and the tape. We don't know if they are going to make more, or if this is their whole plan to do something to us." He whispered, leaning into her shoulder. 

Betty looks at him frustratedly, turning her resting fist into a ball. "I know you don't like dancing Jug, but this shouldn't be used as an excuse to get out of it. Besides, what is this person even going to do? All they are doing is just playing some game that we will win. They can't take something so important like our last dance away from us." She responded with a hint of stubbornness, taking his face in her hands. 

Jughead closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath. "You're right, they won't".

"I have to go. I'm going dress shopping with Veronica. Talk to you later." Betty said with a disheartened expression as if the words that just came out of Jughead changed her mood.

Betty leaned in to give Jughead a quick kiss before leaving the student lounge. Pacing away, she glanced over her shoulder as a scarce pool of tears filled her eyes, quick enough for Jughead not to notice. 

Monday, 1:30PM

Monday, 1:30PM.

Betty gulped, tracing her finger along the silk lining of the soft baby blue gown before her. The scent of the dress reeked of expensive cologne that played as a reminder that she's just a townie from Riverdale. She gently pushed her hands out in front of her. "Veronica, I'm not sure I have the budget for any of these dresses."