Chapter 9; Road Trip Part 2.

Thursday, 5AM. 

Betty and Archie. 

Betty pulled back the combi curtains to a brand new day. Awakening to the sun rising above the horizon and the cherry pink sky lit up the rest of the combi as if this was a sign that what they were doing was right. Betty turns to look over at Archie as she realised that he isn't in his bed. Betty scrambles for her dressing gown and makes her way to the door with her phone in hand.

As Betty emerges out of the combi she sees Archie sitting outside the combi watching the sunrise.

"There you are." Betty spoke in a soft tone.

"Good morning, so where are we off to today?" Archie asked.

Betty sits herself down beside Archie.

"How does LA sound?" Betty replied with an excited look on her face.

"It's a bit far, but I'm sure we'll get there." Archie replied smirking back at her.

Betty and Archie have been on a road trip for a few weeks now, and have travelled to lots of places nearby

Betty and Archie have been on a road trip for a few weeks now, and have travelled to lots of places nearby. The thought of Veronica and Jughead have loomed over them for this time period and so far it hasn't been as much fun as they originally planned.  At the moment they are in Nevada planning on making their way through California then down to Los Angeles. 

Betty begins to feel the combi move as she straps her seltbeat in. Unwinding the windows, Betty rests her head on the door, letting her hair flow through the summer breeze. Archie looked over at her and smiled. 

Betty felt her phone vibrate, brushing her hair back she reaches to check it

"Who is it?" Archie asked quickly, making eye contact with her once again.

Betty flicks through her phone before her eyes snap open and her movements become still.

"I think you should pull over for this one, Arch." Betty said with anger and fury in her eyes.

Archie then pulled the combi onto the side of the road.

"Okay, what is it?" Archie asked with a worried look on his face.