Chapter 24; Havoc's Eve.

Jughead.

The real curse of Riverdale, the people. Sure, Riverdale is a town born in blood, but over the past decade people have fueled that belief. From Clifford Blossom, The Blackhood, The Gargoyle King to even the preppies at Stonewall, this time is worse. Calliope Cooper is again like the Red Death, she may not be of such a reaper, but like the stonies, we're the target.  She eliminates us, there won't be anyone left to lift the curse of Riverdale. Needless to say, it's been that way for the past 7 years. The havoc that's already been brought upon Riverdale is just the beginning. 

10:33 PM, Dilton Doiley's Bunker.

After Veronica spoke to Kevin and Tabitha about taking action, she got the gang to meet in Dilton's old apocalypse bunker. After the Southside Fires and the Seaside Mine, the group knew that this had to be urgent. 

Reggie sat back in his chair. "So this Phantom Gang has it out for us? Cause they're working for Calliope? But Terry bro, I thought we got rid of him a long time ago." Reggie said, as his mind slowly put the pieces together in his mind. 

Cheryl turned to Veronica. "I can guarantee that my she devil of a mother is also somehow involved. She wasn't in her brothel when I came back to Riverdale." She voiced panicky. 

"With Kevin's knowledge on everything that happened, plus mine and Veronica's murder board, we're surfacing close to the truth. I have to show you guys something." Jughead said, as he started to move around.

The group faced Jughead, as walked up to a cupboard. He reached out to the flimsy door handle, as he pulled it past his face. The cupboard then revealed a set of books. 

Betty glanced over her shoulder. "Were these always here?" She asked, moving closer, feeling like a pretty bad detective. 

Jughead nodded. "I discovered these books yesterday, they were buried under a bunch of things we must have put in here, but anyway, they're Dilton's field notes. Back in our sophomore year when I was doing some investigating on Jason Blossom's murder, I spoke to Dilton and he was always mumbling on about some blood moon. I've actually come across this blood moon a few times, it's quite beautiful. However, according to Dilton something called the 'Barley's Comet' is emerging closer to Riverdale. According to his notes, he said that the apocalypse would start here in winter 2027." He stated in a weary voice. 

It all clicked into place, Archie understood how this terrifying plan began to take shape. "If that's the case, then it's probably what Calliope is planning, she knows about this- somehow, but how come authorities aren't aware of this, they would know what's coming?" Archie questioned. 

"WHO CARES BY THIS POINT?! We need to figure out if this is more than a myth or a ruse, and if it's not, and Calliope has been planning this all along we need to find out when it'll be, so everyone in Riverdale can get the hell out of here!" Veronica practically yelled. 

Kevin stroked the back of his neck. "What would she even want with a comet?" He asked.

"I don't know Kevin, the power of discovery! That's only if we're not all blown to smithereens in the process." Veronica replied.

Jughead whisked one of the books away, and began flicking through the pages, until his finger landed on a dog-eared page. "Here! According to these notes, it says that the Barley's comet graces the sky every 8 years, though as of 2017, the cycle sped up. From then on it was shown every 9 months. Also apparently one time it happened four times in four months. Dilton goes on to say that it will wipe out Riverdale, and some of Northern America."

Cheryl scoffed. "We need to be realistic here. Dilton was a complete and utter sociopath, how can we even be sure that his shenanigans are what is happening here?" She questioned, impatiently tapping her heel against the rough surface.