Chapter 43; Incarceratus.

Jughead.

Objectives. Something Hiram has had all along. A purpose to all this havoc. His objective to run Riverdale into the ground to enable his town of SoDale to thrive is no longer a dream, perhaps something of reality. He's chained and imprisoned most of Riverdale's best and brightest hope, like removing some of the best pieces from a chessboard. Enclosing them in the enemy's kingdom dungeon with a slim chance of freedom from SoDale's grasp, corrupting their minds in the hope of surrendering. Were we about to?- No, you'll have to capture our raven-haired queen first. 

Sunday, 6PM, Veronica's Apartment.

Reggie & Veronica.

Reggie impatiently kept knocking on Veronica's door. "Ronnie, are you there?" He said aloud, hoping his voice reached past the door.

Veronica from the other side of the door could hear the strain of impatience in his voice, which only made her pace quicker. The knocking got louder and louder, until the door swung past Reggie's face. "Ronnie! Finally!" He voiced in a relieved tone. 

Veronica's face scrunched up. "I didn't take that long. What's this urgency, Reginald?" She asked worryingly, folding her arms tightly. 

Reggie took a breath. "Your father's police force for SoDale has arrested Archie, Jughead, Betty, Cheryl and Tabitha. He's slowly getting rid of people, like pieces on a chess board!" He just about yelled. 

Veronica's face turned livid, seething. "Let's go there and see what we can do about getting them out. I'm sure they have a plan, but we're going to have to finish this once and for all. We can't let SoDale exist anymore, Reggie." She responded, grabbing her coat and following Reggie out. 

 6PM, SoDale's Private Prison

Archie, Jughead, Betty, Cheryl & Tabitha.

Archie felt her body inch away from the light into darkness as he and Betty entered a dark, cool hallway with small glass cells left to right. "WHY AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO US!? We have a good reason for why we were there!" He shouted in a confused, yet agitated tone, unable to move his restrained arms around. 

Betty sighed. "Don't, Archie. It's no use. They're not going to listen to us. They're on Hiram's side, his knights." She replied in a discouraged voice, turning away from Archie to meet her fate.

Betty and Archie felt like they were being shouldered quickly in the cells, without there being any hesitation or questioning first. "You'll be with the rest for now. Then we'll give you a chance to contact someone." An officer stated in a low voice. 

Betty and Archie's eyes were still wandering, trying to make out how Riverdale's saviors had found themselves in this position. Once they reached their cell, their eyes snapped open at the sight. Their eyes landed on three figures seated in the dark cell.