Chapter 36; That Feeling.

Jughead.

With Riverdale High on the verge of re-opening its doors, the football field being mowed for its new season, the walls and floors of its interior being scrubbed, and posters being hung around the school for the latest variety show brought to you by Kevin, it was like nothing had changed. Little did they know that the student population had only decreased. A diner I used to call home is almost up in smithereens, TBK; a murderer from Betty's past is at large again along with Polly still being missing, and mysterious deaths are popping up around town. It was the perfect time to go back to school and to re-immerse ourselves from the perspective as teachers. If that wasn't enough going on in this small town another set of wheels had just rode in. 

Monday, 8AM, Riverdale High

Mr Weatherbee, Archie & Veronica.

Archie and Mr Weatherbee were rostered to watch the door for the morning at school to have an idea how many students would be attending while Kevin and Toni continued prepping the gym for an assembly. 

Mr Weatherbee sighed. "It's getting sad to watch this school die, Archie. When you were in high school we'd have that many admissions that we couldn't possibly accept all of them." He chuckled to the belief of a time like that. 

"Hiram might have won this round, but he hasn't won the battle Mr Weatherbee I can promise you that." Archie replied trying to provide some reassurance. 

Archie took a step back allowing the autumn breeze to rush through him that played as a reminder in his head about the time Mr Weatherbee was describing. As he stopped thinking about the glory days, a golden, yellow bus pulled up with a crowd of young people. 

Mr Weatherbee turned to Archie in shock. "What's all this? We did the head count, there's roughly 150 students, which is 75% of last time's count since some students pulled out over the break."

Archie shot back a fond smile as his feet bounced around. "Toni got me in touch with a few extra kids who needed a school. Plus I rounded up a few on Sketch Alley." 

Mr Weatherbee was speechless, his eyes filled with pride. He knew that if the school's student count had reached 200 students there were a lot of other things the school could qualify for and it showed that Riverdale High had a chance to fight again. 

"So, I'm guessing you're the one responsible for all the new technology we have in the classrooms?" Mr Weatherbee questioned happily.

Archie chuckled. "By all means I'm generous, but I don't have that kind of money." 

Archie exhaled and lowered his head. "But you know who does..." He continued quietly.

Just as Archie went to continue, a black mercedes drove by. Scraping its wheels against the curb as it halted to a stop. 

To no surprise Veronica hurried out and headed over to Archie and Mr Weatherbee. 

"Hope you're enjoying my little surprise boys. Turns out I have a lot more money now to fund for this place." Veronica said excitedly as she passed them to walk into the school.