Chapter 23; The Answer.

Jughead.

Everyone suffers from some kind of guilt, rage, the things that we bury deep that we pray won't re-surface to our minds, but they do. In this case, take Archie Andrews, who has had so much history with his next door neighbor, none-other than Betty Cooper. There was a certain point in time where everything went wrong, which was the beginning of his guilt that was driven by rage for the things he regrets and the things that he should have done, long ago. 

1:22 PM, Riverdale General Hospital.

Betty looked down to feel a response. The gradual feeling of Archie taking her hand. Her eyes panned up to his face. 

"Betty?" Archie said quietly, as his head tilted to face Betty.

Betty smiled uncontrollably with relief. "Hey Arch." 

Archie became restless and tried to shift his body upwards. "Are you okay?" He asked, staring into her eyes. 

"Oh Arch, I'm fine. What about yourself! How do you feel?" Betty asked, as if she was hiding something.

"I think I'm fine." Archie responded, stroking his bandages around his body.

Betty and Archie exchanged glances for a few seconds. 

Betty cleared her throat. "All our friends are worried about us. I should let them know we're fine, but I'll get a doctor to come check in on you." She said, as she rose to her feet, moving her way out on a crutch. 

Betty made her way out of the hospital room. Archie didn't understand why she was so quick to leave, but her blunt tone left Archie to wonder. "Was something else wrong?" Archie thought to himself. Like a tidal wave, it all came flooding back in; the Southside Fires, how Calliope is Betty's grandmother, the Seaside Mines, Hermosa's involvement with it all, and that dream on the edge of death or at least, being unconscious for a longer period of time. Archie's chest ached from something else other than pain, in a twisted way it had been too long since he had a real conversation with Betty. Well, he missed her. His childhood best friend. During his time at the Naval Academy and on the field he wasn't sure if he'd ever see her again, or if he could have had the chance to change some of the most biggest regrets of his life. 

A few weeks had passed since everything happened

A few weeks had passed since everything happened. The group decided to stay low on the topic of Seaside Mine. However, things didn't return to normal, there were more and more things that aroused questions about what had happened that day.

Archie had only been off bed rest for a couple of days, and hadn't seen Betty since he woke up in the hospital. "She's probably busy." Archie would think to himself each time he would ring or look out from his bedroom window, she wouldn't answer or appear. 

10AM, Riverdale FBI Building.

Jughead inserted his spare keys into the door lock. As he swung the door open, he could vividly remember a feeling, a feeling of all the time that he used to spend in here as a teenager before he went to Iowa. "Chuck! Are you here?!" Jughead shouted, but there was no answer.