Chapter 21; Sent Into Freefall.

Jughead.

In disbelief, there was someone under our nose this whole time. A person we'd never considered to be responsible because frankly, we never had any thoughts about them at all. At least, not really. During the time when the Blackhood was making his appearance we never took into account that a person from that dark age, being the Blackhood's mother was still alive. Betty never met her, she was always out of the picture. Something about having a duty, she always told Hal. I guess we all know what that is about now. Riverdale's very own goldmine, which to be honest, doesn't surprise me, but questions me. Why now?

6:25 PM, Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe

After the events that had taken place with Betty and Veronica many hours had elapsed. 

Jughead quickly made his way into Pop's. From afar, it was easy to spot how frustrated he looked. "Just bring me my usual please!" Jughead practically yelled.

Tabitha from behind the counter raised an eyebrow. "I don't know what your usual is?" Tabitha replied with a confused voice.

Jughead made his way over to the stools up near the counter, and sat himself down. "I'll just have whatever you feel like making me." Jughead said, burying his face in his hands.

Reggie turned to Jughead from the stool beside him.

"You look like a wreck bro. At least, more than me, and that's concerning." Reggie said, trying to come off as a joke. 

Jughead turned to Reggie. "I am a wreck. I can't do anything right." Jughead groaned, rubbing his eyes.

Reggie scoffs. "I'm sure that's not completely true. I mean, you went to some fancy writing college and are now writing a book. I wouldn't call that being a wreck." Reggie replied, smiling weakly. 

Just as Reggie continues, Jughead feels his phone vibrate. Quickly, he whips it out of his pocket and realises that it's Veronica.

He picked it up. "Veronica. Is everything alright?" Jughead wondered with concern in his eyes.

Calliope picked up the phone. "So you're Jughead then? Anyway, we have two fine-looking young ladies down here with us, as well as another male, Kevin. If you want any of them back, we need to have a talk with you and all your friends, and if you fail, they will all get a bullet to the head. Meet us at the old trading shop, Pawn Keepers at Seaside by 10PM or else." She responded.

Jughead's eyes widened, as he slowly brought the phone away from his ear. In shock, he twisted his body around to Reggie. "We need to go. I think the girls and Kevin are in trouble." Jughead said, as if the words were barely coming out.

"Of course. Where do we need to go?" Reggie replied.

Reggie and Jughead quickly got up from their seats. "The woman said some old Pawn shop in Seaside, but for some reason she wants us to bring all our friends with us." Jughead said, reaching for his phone again.