Chapter 40; Meanwhile.

Jughead.

Whether you were a teacher, student, mother, cult leader, alien fanatic or prey to a serial killer we all had things going on in Riverdale. Meanwhile the selective few had their own problems on the otherside of town, which some in fact blurred and distorted the line between what's real and what's simply a ruse or like the complete blatancy between Betty and Archie. There's another part of this story that's worth mentioning, really the struggles of our everchanging Riverdale as we know and the true saviors that brought it from the ground up. You'll see.

Wednesday, 8AM, Riverdale High.

Veronica & Toni.

Toni spotted Veronica from down the hall. She flashed a quick wave before walking over. 

"Toni! It's so good to see you! How's baby Riverkins doing?" Veronica squealed, wrapping her arms around her.

Toni chuckled. "Sleepy all the time! I've got one of the baby daddy's at home taking care of him today. Though, it's great to see you too Veronica." 

Toni peered in different directions of the hall. "Haven't seen many others this morning? Where are they all at: Jughead, Archie, Betty and Cheryl..." She asked softly, downcasting her eyes filled with remorse after her last conversation with Cheryl.

Veronica gulped. "I'm sure we have nothing to worry about with Betty and Archie. I'm not sure what's been keeping Jughead lately. I barely even see him or Tabitha in Pop's nowdays." 

"Well this is Riverdale and everyone probably has their own problems going on-"

Just as Toni went to continue, she spied Mr Honey entering the hallway. He somehow looked different from what Toni and Veronica could recall and the way he was strutting down the hall didn't reflect his walk of shame all those years ago.

Toni snarled in disgust. "What the hell is he doing here?" She snapped.

"He's come every day this week, trying to offer students scholarships to his school." Veronica replied.

Toni snickered. "Like any of the students here would've accepted that. They're all trying to keep Riverdale High open just as much as us!" 

Veronica exhaled. "We've actually had a couple take the offer. I know my father is on the board at Stonewall, but it felt wrong to stand in their way."

"Morning Ms Topaz and...Ms Lodge." Mr Honey said unpleasantly, passing them. 

Veronica turned to Toni. "Don't worry, I've got something planned." 

 9AM, Riverdale High

 9AM, Riverdale High.

Veronica.

Veronica shifted along her seat. "Alright class, since our economic project with Riverdollars failed to a completion I've found something else you guys can help me with in order to still be exempt from the mid-term. Sound good?" She asked, gazing around at her students.