Chapter 13; Jughead 7 Years Later.

Our story continues a fourth time with Jughead, having gone to the University of Iowa for four years, Jughead found himself stuck between the world of Riverdale and a world outside Riverdale. One world, where mysteries are hell bent and loose, and the other, hard working, but simple. Over time, Jughead lost interest in mysteries as the frequency of good mysteries declined, so did his detective side. What was left however, just Jughead and his writing. His current girlfriend, Jessica, helped to pull Jughead to a realistic side of things, a world with more real life problems than the ones faced in Riverdale. After Jughead graduated from college he wasn't sure what he wanted to do with his life, so he decided to publish a bunch of books, fictional books. Jughead told people that these books were just pure fiction, however, it was  a mix of  the things that happened in Riverdale with his own imagination.

 Jughead told people that these books were just pure fiction, however, it was  a mix of  the things that happened in Riverdale with his own imagination

Tuesday, 9:45 AM, Los Angeles, 2027.

The doors slid open, Jughead was ready. His eyes first latched onto the old, historical decor. As he looked around, he felt nervous, a nervous he'd never felt before. His mind wandered, just as he tried to straighten himself up. In the distance, a figure appeared, a tall, slender gentleman who seemed like the person Jughead was looking to talk to. "We just need to ace this interview." Jughead thought to himself as the man came to greet him.

The man reaches out a hand. 

"You must be Forsythe, we've heard so much!" The man said in a polite tone.

Jughead shook his hand with a tight grip.

"I'm Matthew, and welcome to the American Film Institute."

"Nice to meet you Matthew and it's my pleasure." Jughead replied in the same voice.

Tuesday, 10:03 AM, Los Angeles, 2027

Time started to drift and Matthew still had not discussed what Jughead had really come here for, just about his life and his books. Until finally.

"So here at this film institute we're interested in your works, however, for these to become a film we would need to make some small changes for cinematic effect, but if we were to pursue this, we would ensure that you were on set and in the writers room when it all happens."  Matthew said with a hopeful look on his face.

"I'm just grateful to be given this opportunity, this wasn't my exact idea for what I'd like to do in the future, but expressing my work through the things that I guess I love the most seems like an opportunity that I wouldn't want to pass on." Jughead replied brushing his hair out of his face. 

Matthew cleared his throat.

"Considering all these works are purely fiction, I'm sure this wouldn't carry out in any way that could impact Riverdale, as obviously we would rename the town, but still." Matthew questioned.

Jughead raised his eye level and took a deep breath.

"Exactly, purely fiction." Jughead exclaimed as the words scraped across his throat.

Jughead shifted his weight side to side to a point where he wouldn't have to meet his eyes anymore and could take a seat in the institute library. 

"Well that settles it then, we'd like to bring you back in, in a couple of months to go over things and to start making some big decisions. How does that sound?" Matthew said as he pats Jughead on the shoulder. 

"Sounds great, see you then!" Jughead replied as his face lit up, but unable to notice the quell of the fear he was feeling about publishing a movie, as books were always something he was okay with publishing, he knew people from his past would never read them, but a movie, Jughead thought it would be harder to get underwraps. 

Jughead felt his phone vibrate, as he slipped it out of his pocket, he realises that it's Charles.

"I'll have to take this." Jughead told Matthew as he began to walk off.

" Jughead told Matthew as he began to walk off

Tuesday, 11:19 AM, Los Angeles, 2027.

Jughead answered the phone and placed it up to his ear.

"Chuck, hey man, what's been up?" Jughead said with excitement in his voice.

"Nothing too good I'm afraid, you'll be needing to come home. Kevin's dead." Charles replied in a serious voice.

Jughead's weight shifted to one side as his mind wandered almost allowing the phone to slide straight out of his grasp. 

"Are you still there, Jughead?" Charles asked concerningly.

Jughead tries to speak, forcing words out of his mouth to pretend like everything was still normal, being still in the building with Matthew keeping a close eye on him.

"Yeah, how did it happen?" Jughead asked as he forced what he thought was a smile.

"From the weapons we found, murder." 

Jughead rips his beanie off in frustration.

"I'll be there as soon as I can." Jughead replied.

Tuesday, 2:40 PM, Greendale, 2027

Jughead didn't know how to feel about the sudden death of his childhood friend, Kevin nor the fact that he was murdered. His mind raced, for the first time in years he had a real mystery on his hands and one that he was desperate to solve in vengeance. Just as Jughead begins to approach Greendale he sees another car, a few hundred meters away, however, didn't look like a car from Riverdale. Jughead speculated and had made questions, but tried to focus on the main reason why he was back, knowing who else would be back in town. Jughead sped up on his motorcycle and eventually aligned with the car. He took in a glimpse of the car, the dark tinted windows and how the car was in perfect condition, moving his eyes up higher to see a raven haired girl sitting in the back. "Veronica?" Jughead thought to himself.