Chapter 7; The Things We Left Behind.

Jughead.

After the events that took place on Friday Night, I haven't been able to face anyone. Riverdale, that town that always has someone or something within it to bring us all down, or just further apart. Teenagers my age are preparing to go on summer vacation or one last road trip before the college semester begins, in fact I am going on one myself, but I feel that I will be reluctant to have a good time. The hardest thing about preparing is saying goodbye to our loved ones, our parents, siblings and our friends, but life must keep moving and so should we.

Monday, 8:34 AM, Cooper Residents.

Jughead.

Jughead closes his laptop and twists to face a box beside him. A box, filled with all his college things as he starts to go through them he feels a burst of sadness while he picks up a photo of him and Betty in their Sophomore Year at one of the dances. Slowly, he gets up and takes the picture over to his trash can. Just when he goes to do it, he hears Betty from the next room talking to someone on the phone. At that moment, Jughead moves closer to the wall and realises the person she is talking on the phone with is Archie as he overhears a conversation about the road trip that they're going on together. Furious, Jughead throws the framed photo across the room and it ends up shattering, the pieces scattered all across his room. The last thing Jughead wanted was this again, but there was purely nothing he could do to change it. 

10:29 AM, Maple Club Apartment

Cheryl & Penelope. 

Cheryl walks up to her mother who is still living in the old Maple Club Apartment, in hope that she could talk some sense into her. 

"Hello Mumzie!" Cheryl spoke in a cheerful tone.

"What do you want, you ungrateful child?" Penelope seethed, uncovering her plastered, dull mask from her face.

Cheryl shrugged."I don't know. I just graduated. I'm going on a road trip tomorrow, so possibly a goodbye?" Cheryl said sarcastically. 

Penelope scoffed and begins to make eye contact. "Yes. Now when you run off to college what am I going to do?" Penelope replied angrily.

Cheryl forced a smile. "Do you what do best Mumzie, stay low." She responded abruptly.

"For 4 years?! I will go crazy by just staying locked away with your former Pretty Poisons that keep doing delivery runs." Penelop said as she put her hands in her lap.

"You killed people, Mumzie! Do tell what I think you should do if we expose you? Riverdale will eat you alive!" Cheryl replied with a frustrated tone. 

"Nevermind, it was a mistake coming here. See you at Thanksgiving." Cheryl retorted, coming to the simple conclusion that this was a mistake.