Chapter 4; Heartache.

Thursday, 8:02AM, Riverdale High.

Betty & Archie. 

"Archie, hold him steady while I uncover the mask." Betty spoke in a distressed tone as she moved closer to the person in the mask. Archie, grabbing the person's arm and legs to try to hold them down, but trying to avoid causing them pain. As Betty slowly moves closer to the person's face, it begins to reveal a hoodie with a plain mask tucking their face away. Betty reaches her hand out and quickly removes the mask to reveal Eddie. A young boy from the wrong side of the tracks.

"Eddie, what the hell are you doing here? Filming us?" Archie asked in an angry tone, extending a hand to help him up.

"You know him?" Betty asks in shock.

"Yeah. He hangs out at the Community Centre most days. Munroe has been teaching him how to box." Archie replied.

Eddie begins to sit himself up as Archie releases him. "They made me do it!" Eddie practically yelled making his fists into a ball. "Please don't tell the police Archie, if you do they'll probably send me to juvie." Eddie said in a panicky voice.

"I'm not going to tell the police, Eddie. We just need to know who made you do this. Was it Dodger, his gang or his family who put you up to this?" Archie questioned.

Eddie shrugs, and in a raspy voice replies "I didn't get her name, she just promised if I caught you two together that I would be paid 10 grand, which would solve a lot of my problems."

"Can you describe what she looked like?" Betty questions in a gentle voice.

"I remember her being tall with short, black hair, I didn't really see most of her face as it was covered by these ridiculous glasses, but she started speaking to me outside El Royale about a month ago wanting stuff on you two." Eddie replied slowly.

Betty and Archie look at one another thinking that they have an idea of who might be behind these tapes.

6:10 PM, La Bonne Nuit.

Archie & Veronica.

Archie arrives at La Bonne Nuit and swiftly makes his way downstairs to meet her. Veronica, quickly getting everything ready for the night ahead, cleaning tables and labeling tables for reservations Archie calls out from a distance.

"Veronica." He said calmly. "Can we talk?" He wondered.

Veronica shrugs her shoulders and slowly strided over to him. 

A grin appeared across Veronica's face. "Of course, but I also just needed to drop these off to you Archiekins."

Veronica moves away and snatches a box off a table to hand to Archie.

"What's this supposed to be?" Archie asked.

"Just as Socrates said "the hottest love, has the coldest end", this is me giving you the cold end."