Chapter 25; Call For Help.

Jughead.

Trust. Something we give others in pursuit that they'll listen and understand. Though, beyond the truth, more lies begin to surface, especially in a town like Riverdale. Take the citizens of Riverdale who at this very moment are blinded and completely unaware to what is about to happen to the town that they call home. Well, at least most of us. I guess most of us now forget a time where nothing bad ever happened in Riverdale, nothing strange or violent, but what's about to happen in Riverdale is a lot bigger than all of that, and can't be changed, but controlled.

4:55 PM, Fox Forest.

The group approaches Jughead from the woods. As they emerge closer to Jughead they see that he's readjusting a telescope that he has facing the sky. 

Archie moves closer to Jughead. "Jug, you called us all here. What did you find?" He asked.

Jughead twisted his head around. "Dilton's mother, June, supplied me with this reflector telescope. According to her, this is one of the things that Dilton used to figure out the comet. He also left a bunch of notes taped alongside it." He replied.

Cheryl began to move around panicky. "Have you found anything?" She asked.

"Have you, Cheryl?!" Jughead exclaimed in an annoyed tone. 

Cheryl scoffs. "Well yeah. Tee Tee and I got Sheriff Brown to investigate the mine again, properly this time."

Cheryl glared at Jughead. "You ungrateful beanie-wearing shroom." She mumbled.

Archie cleared his throat. "Betty and I found out that Charles is in kahoots with Chic. We think they're together. They seemed pretty close when we saw them. Though, once we tried to leave a member from the phantoms tried to attack us." Archie stated in a serious voice.

Jughead paused. "Charles and Chic!? I should've suspected. I mean, they grew up together. Right near one-another. The thought never crossed my mind." Jughead said groggily, as he looked over at Betty and Archie as if he was relating to what they did some time ago. 

Reggie steps forward. "Well Veronica and I spoke to Alice. Her and RIVW News are planning on doing a story about it live this morning." He said.

Jughead gulped. "Yeah, maybe I didn't do that much after all." Jughead muttered quickly. 

Jughead then nodded at Reggie, but something didn't feel right. For a moment, he felt as if something or someone was missing, but in that slight moment the thought overwhelmed his brain. 

Jughead shifted his eyes around the group. "Where's Veronica?" He asked, his voice weary and strained. 

By the expressions of the group, it broke through to Jughead that they were unsure. 

Jughead strided over to Reggie. "I thought you two were working together, Reggie? Did she tell you that she was going anywhere?" He questioned.

Reggie stammered. "Bro, Ronnie just went back to her apartment at the Five Seasons. I'm sure something just came up." He replied.

Jughead exhaled. "Okay, I think you all should go home and get some rest. We can re-group tomorrow to discuss everything you guys found today.  Besides, from this telescope it doesn't seem as close as I thought to reaching us. At least, I think we've got another week according to Dilton's statistics."

"Yeah, okay. Thanks Jug. Though, if you need anything all of us will be here in a heartbeat." Archie said.

" Archie said