Chapter 41; The Solemn Mourn.

Jughead.

The solemn mourn. It had been two weeks since Riverdale fell even more silent and grey. Polly Cooper high school cheerleader and sweetheart turned mother, turned ghoulie and now deceased among many of the other Cooper/Blossom blood relatives. It's normal to see families decrease, watch their children grow up and move on, but the harsh truth of the Cooper and Blossom family is that death and pain catch up to them more quickly than any of us. 

Friday, 1PM, Picken's Park.

The glinted rays of sunlight through the clouds illuminated the casket more brightly. From the outside looking in, it seemed as if only a small minority decided to show up to Polly's funeral. The day couldn't appear more gloomy, but the cries filling the air sufficed the mood more. 

Betty kept continuously shuffling through her palm cards agitatedly as her vision became more blurry than it had been all day. Seated next to her: Archie swiftly reached for her hand to calm her. "You've got this." He stated softly, squeezing her hand.

Betty looked over at her mother who gave her a signal that it was time. 

A certain calm, yet peaceful music filled the air. Betty sniffled, taking in a breath as she made her way up to the podium. "Polly was more than a sister to me. As kids she was my best friend, my protector. She always knew what was best for me. As we got older things got complicated between us. I suppose we grew apart and a lot of bad blood was shared between us. I promise not to remember that version of myself or that version of Polly, but to remember the person she used to be. The best sister in the whole world. I know that's how she'd like me to remember her, to be remembered by our mother as a mother herself and to be remembered by her children as the fighter she always was. I love you, Polly. We'll do our best to be strong, but there is nothing that can fill the hole in our hearts you've left behind-" She stammered as tears raced down her face as her nose and eyes turned pink. 

It was hard for Archie to see this side of Betty, her vulnerable side. She's usually the one to put up walls and be the strong one. He wanted to comfort her, but remaining in the crowd there was only so much he could do besides be a friendly face in a body of people. 

After the funeral concluded, only a small few remained: Archie, Toni, Cheryl, Jughead, Tabitha, Veronica, Kevin, Fangs, Alice and Nana Blossom.

Veronica appeared in front of Betty, pulling her into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry, Betty. There are no words that I could say to make you feel any better. I'm always going to be here if you ever need anything Betty, but please accept this though." She said with a shaky voice offering Betty a gift. 

"It's from my Jewelery shop." Veronica went on as Betty gently opened the box to reveal a locket with a picture of Polly inside. 

Betty smiled fondly as tears danced around her eyes. "Thank you, V. It means a lot." She sobbed, wrapping her arms around Veronica.

" She sobbed, wrapping her arms around Veronica