Chapter 45; Talon Tower.

Jughead.

A bitterly frosty night on a makeshift journey into the caves off the Lonely Highway. What could possibly go wrong? For starters, Mr Mayor Hiram just initiated a town-wide restriction on visiting forests during anytime between 7PM and 5AM for mine clearance- sorry Kevin. However, only Archie and Betty have put two and two together that like a literal ticking time bomb, it was all about to go blow.

Monday, 6PM, Lonely Highway Caves.

Tabitha, Jughead & Reggie.

Reggie pulled some tree branches away from his face. "We're almost here. TBK's last sighting wasn't anywhere near here, but we have to take precautions just in case." He voiced.

Tabitha gulped. "I mean, he hasn't killed anyone since. Isn't that a sign that he was just after Archie and Betty?" She wondered, tightening her ponytail.

Jughead could feel the chills reaching his neck, sending sharp, beaming shivers down his cool, draft body. He felt like his outsides were matching his insides. Something about what they were doing seemed wrong like he could sense the predestined havoc.

"Just as long as Reggie shows us where to go, we might be able to come back." Jughead suggested, pulling his jacket inwards.

From the amiss of not too far away, the caves appeared grim and empty. The wind howling through the outskirts of the cave like the roar of the ocean. "We would have to be stupid to want to go in there." Jughead thought to himself. "But we need answers. I'm not crazy." He went on.

Unlike the exit Archie, Betty and Reggie took, this one didn't have a metal trap door and was wildly open. The cave system was a unit that expanded throughout the lapels of the forest. Emerging closer to the caves appeared poorly routed mine tracks that had an earthly touch, unmaintained.

Reggie takes a few short steps, until he realised he was only hearing his tread. Twisting around, Reggie notices the resistantly hesistant faces plastered across Tabitha and Jughead. "We don't have to do this, you know, or at least right now." He assured them.

Jughead and Tabitha exchanged a quick glance. "We need answers, Reggie." Jughead responded tiredly, passing Reggie.

6:30PM, Maple Groves

Archie & Betty.

Archie ran his hand through his ginger hair, trying to keep up with Betty's pace. "We can't just wander out here aimlessly, Betty. We haven't even been to this part of the mine before." He explained.

Betty kept continuously moving her head around, scanning the trees for any signs of movement. "From our experience, we know there is no signal out here. We have to warn them!" She panicked frantically.

Archie attempted to meet her eyes, knowing that they weren't in the best place at the moment. "It's 6:30, we only have half an hour to warn them and get out of here. Otherwise, we're literally toast." He declared sardonically.