Chapter 46; Happy Hour.

Jughead.

Imagine this moment frozen in an instant, a helicopter slowly dicharging its speed, a small sea of people crowding sight, followed by the snapshots of the surroundings all around- the leaves caught on fiery embers, the dancing trees wavering around in the breeze and a smokey night sky choking on the flames just a little higher than the eye's view. The Maple Groves were once again up in flames and so was my belief in The Mothmen or at least it was about to be. Everything was only becoming more heated, if not quiet literally it was complete and utter detest between father and daughter. Merely the ruination of Riverdale, only a game for Hiram and his goon squad's pleasure and amusement, but it was almost time to stop playing around- "A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." - William Shakespeare. 

Monday, 7PM, Maple Groves. 

Betty. 

Glimmering red fire embers danced through the air, tangling up in the breeze, filling the firey night sky. Betty ingests a mouth of smouldering smoke as she reaches for her dampened head soaked in blood. Small trickles of blood dripped onto her arm sending slight shivers down her wretched, tingling body with her hair straggling over her face. She turned to her side slowly, but steadily, trying to catch a clear view of Archie. Instead, her eyes fixated on something else, rather someone else- a blank silhouette with a chainsaw swung over their back. "TBK..." She muttered helplessly. 

Quickly, Archie tries to regain his stance to help Betty. "Betty, are you okay?" He muttered breathlessly, falling to his knees beside her.

Archie slid his arm under her back to help push her up as she held her head in pain. "I'm fine, Arch." She whimpered softly.

A short, but sharp gunfire rang out through the forest as TBK frailed back and forth with his body before meeting the ground. "Could that have been it? The end of TBK for good?" Betty wondered to herself. 

Just then, they began to feel another force hit them, a force of air whilist the sounds of blades spinning filled the air. There, a deafening helicopter appeared before them. Betty couldn't see much from her level. However, whoever these people were, they weren't from Riverdale. 

Tuesday, 9AM, Thornhill

Cheryl & Agatha.

Cheryl reached into her cherry-covered backpack to reveal the relic. "My friends and I really spent a long time finding this. Please tell me that I'm doing the right thing and that I can trust you." She asked with a deadpan voice. 

Agatha gently reached for the relic. "You are, and you can trust me." She responded in a light, musical voice as if the words just rolled right off her tongue. 

Cheryl nodded lightly as she took a moment to think, slowly steadying her gaze on Agatha. "Why do I get the feeling Min-Min that this is goodbye?" She wondered as a small pool of tears formed in her eyes.