Trust

Chapter 16

Sanket's POV

How can she easily believe him? Like? She still trusts him and believes him and she's married to me. Trust is a thing which should be there in every couple but yahan pe toh trust ka T nahi hai. She still loves Zaeden! I'm fed up. What the hell should I do now? I'm so frustrated that I straight off told her that I have killed my father. I fake agreed it.

I just went to the washroom to not face her. I just can't see her face anymore. Jab bhi yehi chehra dekhta hu, I am reminded that she hates me, loves my enemy who is Zaeden and does not trust me. I do not know how and where will our future go, will we divorce? This is just not going to work. It hurts me day and night, these fights.

It was night time.
"Tumne khana khaya?" Aashna suddenly asked me.

"Nahi. Why do you care?"

"Ill get it for you" she said and was going but I stopped her.

"Why? Why would you care for me? If I ate or not. Care for Zaeden. Go!"

"Why will I care for Zaeden?" She furrowed her eyebrows. As if she doesn't care. Lol.

"Don't act now Aashna. I know you love him and still trust him."

"Wait. Let me clear this. I may trust him but I do not love him, fine? Why will I love a guy who cheated on me?"
I knew that he cheated on me on that day she told me about it when we got to know we were going to marry.

"Oh you do you love him" I said expecting an answer.

"Believe what you want to" she said and shrugged. She was about to go but I pulled her and pinned her to the wall. One of my hand beside her resting on the wall.

"Why are you like this?" I really wanted to ask her this. I was frustrated and...tired.

"I'm just sick and tired of these fights." I said in a weak voice. I was actually tired.

I thought she would push me back as always but she didn't. I had put my head down and surprisingly she held my hand with both of her hands, she cupped my face.

She was just inches apart from me, my lips. She looked at me feeling the same as I did and we just had an eye contact for a few seconds.
"Calm down." She said and I sighed.

"Just tell me the truth" she said in a low voice still cupping my face.

I held her hand and said, "I haven't killed my father"

"Are you sure?"
"Ofcourse Honey" I said.
"Fine. I will find something to prove it to myself, that you're innocent."
"Why won't you believe me?"
"Dil toh maan jayega, dimaag ki kaise shaant karu? I need proper satisfaction Sanket."
"Hm" I said looking down. I was disappointed. Andar hi andar, she trusts Zaeden.
"What happened between you and Zaeden?" I snapped.

"We were dating since 2 years. We broke up that day you found me on the streets. I broke up with him, he cheated on me. He never loved me. Mera hi fault hai, I just loved and trusted too much." She said and my heart ached for her. She was kind of teary but she shoved off her tears by looking away.

"I'm sorry"

"You don't need to be! He's just.. like any other guy. Playboy!" She said.

"No that isn't true. I mean every boy is not a Playboy. I'm not a Playboy."

"Are you hinting towards something Sanket?" She said and smiled slyly.
"Aye no" we both chuckled.

We were super close by now. I inched closer to her and our noses touched. She closed her eyes and so did I. I was just feeling the moment and we were about to kiss but the phone ringed.

We immediately pulled away from each other. God! I can't do this!
It was my phone and I picked up the call. It was just a business call and I went outside to get a file.

Aashna's POV

Today, sanket asked me about Zaeden and I just answered him. I don't know why but I did. Today was a different him. I was feeling bad, I don't know why, but yeah, for our fights. We fight just way too much, all the time.

We just had a moment, it was irresistible. What was that? I couldn't control myself like from him. Its like wanted the kiss. I just wanted it like a break from our fights. But no, its not right. Ofcourse we are married but anyways we do not love each other, this is not right, this is very wrong.

And I don't and can't love Sanket. He is just not for me, no one is. I don't want to be heartbroken again. I don't want my trust to break again.

When he pulled away from me, I wanted him to just stay there, not pull away, but no its wrong. Thank god, there was a phone call and we didn't have the kiss otherwise I would've regretted much later.

Wait, he hasn't eaten anything. I must get food to him. I went to the kitchen, and ofcourse I clashed with Rahul. Great.
"Hi bhabhi" he said with a smirk.
"Hello Rahul. Now get lost" I said with a sarcastic smile.
"How rude bhabhi"
"Yes I'm rude, and you deserve it after what you did with me in the cruise." I said boldly.

"For that, I'm sorry. I promise I won't do it again" he said raising his hands in the air.

"Good. Now bye."
"What bye bhabhi. I want to help you."
"I don't need your help devar ji. Now you can go and stop being chipku" I said straight forward.

But adamant he, he stayed there. I ignored him and served the food on a plate for Sanket. I took 4 rotis, dal, sabji and rice in a bowl on the same plate. I also took some kheer which was made today by dadi on the plate. I was told that Sanket loves kheer. It's his favourite dish.

"Aha bhabhi. Proper wifey ban gayi aaptoh, serving and going to give him the food haan!"

I ignored him but he came in between when I was about to go. I was about to fall but he only saved me and I saved the plate from falling. I quickly stood up from his arms and said, "thankyou" and he said , "welcome bhabhi" and I left.

Sanket was at his favourite corner, the bookshelf corner, god knows what he does the entire day over there.
I placed the dish on the table infront of him while he was reading a book. "Eat" I said. "No" he said. God
"Why" I asked
"Because I don't want to. I'm not hungry."
"Fine but atleast eat the kheer, dadi has made it and you should eat atleast something in the day!" I said.
"Fine I'll eat"

-------

Sorry for such a short chapter
But atleast I updated 🥺
Sorry I wasn't active here, I've been having much stress regarding my exams. Which is probably cancelled or postponed (our choice)

I don't even know what I've written in this
Do vote if you liked it 💖