A strange picture

Chapter 52

Aashna's POV

Me and Sanket lay down on the bed facing each other. One of his arms was underneath my neck, while holding my hand. His other arm held my free hand, locking them.
"I love you." He says, suddenly, peering into my brown eyes. I smile at his words and speak, "I love you." I rub his nose with mine before speaking.

He kisses my forehead before speaking, "let's go to sleep now

He kisses my forehead before speaking, "let's go to sleep now. I'm toh too sleepy today." He says yawning and rubbing his eyes. I nod and let him keep his head on my shoulder.

He soon turns his body to keep his hand on my stomach, while I slept on my back facing the ceiling.

I could hear him snoring after a few moments which meant he's asleep now. I couldn't sleep I don't know why, so I decided to scroll through my phone for some time. I take the phone from the side table of my bed, switching it on.

There are lots of notifications popping up, including some news headlines, messages from my best friends, few likes and comments on my Instagram post. I clear them all and open my text message box to check for any important one.

I see an unread message from an unknown number, making me curious. I open the chat and look at a strange picture.

It was Sanket pointing a gun at some girl.

While I was observing the picture, Sanket shifts position and I keep my phone aside, not to make him question me. Thankfully, he turns to the other side, releasing his grasp on my waist.

I turn on my phone again to look at the picture, it looked strange. Ofcourse, I could recognise Sanket whose face was clearly seen but the girl on whom he was pointing his gun, couldn't be seen entirely. Only half of her face could be seen but I couldn't identify her.

The picture looked real, very real but somehow I couldn't believe it's true. It's like my heart knows this picture is untrue, I don't know why.

I take a glance at Sanket who was sleeping beside me, cuddled up with the pillow making me wish I was the pillow. He's such a kid, a cutie kid.

My reaction would've probably been 'oh my god' , 'shocked' , 'i hate you sanket' but no. I don't believe this picture is true, and no matter what my heart isn't ready to believe it.

This is just a joke, I feel ?

Soon enough, I get a notification again popping on my screen. It was from the same number who sent me this picture.