NYC

Chapter 54

Aashna's POV

It's a regular day and I'm back from work, so is Sanket. It's been a boring day and the daily routine has just been tiring.

I'm lying on the bed with my phone in my hand scrolling through some reels and stuff. Sanket is on his laptop since an hour now, and he doesn't budge from it or turn to even talk to me.

I finally give up the boredom of my phone and turn to look at him. He was typing something but I speak, "Can you keep your work away now?"

"Just a moment, baby."

"You're saying that since the past half an hour!"

I huff and just give up arguing. I turn to look at the other side not wanting to look at him at all, just wanting to sleep now since I'm not getting the attention I want. He keeps his laptop away, but doesn't shut it. He turns his body and leans one of his elbows on the bed while his other hand hugs me from behind. I feel a warmth of breath on my cheek and I immediately close my eyes, pretending to sleep.

"Honey, I know you're not asleep." He kisses my cheek.

"I'm asleep."

"Then how are you speaking?" He says and I bite my lip at what I said. I turn to look at him who is hovering over me. I smile at the smirk plastered on his face.

"You don't have to work anymore?" I narrow my eyes and pout my lips a little.

"You're my work now." He says and I scoff. Flirting won't help or melt me right now.

"Sorry na. It was a very important client and I had no choice but to work. I know I couldn't give you time because of this, but....I have a surprise for you."

"What?"
"What, what? Surprises aren't to be revealed."

"I'll forgive you if you tell me what's the surprise." I smile.
"Achha...that toh i can earn your forgiveness by other means too."

His elbow was now resting on both sides of my head, completely trapping me beneath him.

"What other means?"
"Should I show it to you?" He says in a low but deep voice, completely in a flirty way. I'm not gonna melt.

He leans in to kiss me but I push his lips away by placing my palm on them.
"This ain't helping you this time. Tell me what's the surprise."
"You won't give up, would you?" He narrows his eyes.
"Nope!" I say proudly.

Surprisingly, he leans back to sit upright on the bed and I do the same. "So the surprise is...."

"Um we're going to New York City!" He jolts and I'm literally breathless. My mind is rushing through so many thoughts at one time and I seriously cannot process this information.

"What the fuck? You're not serious!?"
"I am serious." He says and smiles as widely as he can. I can see through him how happy he is, and I'm sure he can see how excited and happy I am. I hug him immediately with a huge smile on my face.

"Thankyouuu!" I say.
I unwrap my arms to place my hands on his shoulders.

"You know what?"