Lies!

Chapter 25

Sanket's POV

I had gone into the bedroom for my phone and found Aashna sobbing? Maybe, maybe not. I guess it was just me overthinking.

I completed my work for the day and wondered what is up with Aashna. Last, we had this conversation about Angie and after that we haven't even looked at each other's faces. Maybe because I was busy with my work or was it because of something else? I need to find out and talk to her.

I went to my bedroom to look at her resting her eyes as she lay down on the bed. I went closer to her and caressed her hair waking her up.

"Hey" she said looking at me smiling.

"Hey I just came to check on you, I mean everything's okay right? Your face looked.." I asked her with concern in my eyes as I sat with her on the bed.

"Um um yeah, you lied to me." She snapped.

"What when did I lie to you?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"About Angie."

Oh, she knows. Or she doesn't? What if she doesn't know about her and playing with me or what if she does? I have to convince her that I did not hookup with her though I did.

"I didn't lie to you, love." I lied again.

"Yes you fucking did. You fucking lied to me about Angie. You fucking hooked up with her." She got this energy from somewhere after taking that nap as she stood up from the bed to face me.

"I didn't lie to you." I still lied. Why the fuck am I continuing to lie?

"You have to fucking stop lying. You hooked up with her. I never even knew.."

"I'm sorry, okay." I apologised.

"What sorry? You hooked up with her. And You don't tell me about it." She made a disgusted and angry face.

"I'm sorry. Lemme explain.."

"What do you want to explain Sanket? You wanna cover it all up with your lies, again? You wanna cover it all up with sugar coated words? Screw you Sanket." She blasted with a hint of tears at the corner of her eyes.

"Listen to me goddamnit!" I shouted too, being frustrated.

"Fine. Speak." She said crossing her arms.

"Angie and I had this hookup thing. Yes I lied to you. And we had this hookup thing just because I wanted a break from all the stress around me. Around those days, my father had died. I also had so much of business related stress and mom was sick too. I just needed that hookup thing with her. I'm sorry honey, I'm really sorry for doing such a thing."

"You screwed it up even more." She said with a sarcastic smile and left. I followed her as she left.

"What?" She asked when I was following her.

"What happened to you now?" I asked

"You screwed it up even more, Sanket." She said with anger.