The apology

Gif: Look at the way he is looking at her🥺😭

Chapter 50

Aashna's POV

I wake up in the soft bed sheets, slowly fluttering my eyes open. I look around, but no one's there. The room is empty and the lights are also off. I take my phone from the side table of the bed to look at the time. It's almost midnight.

I get up from the bed to go downstairs, maybe sanket is eating or something. When I was about to go, I hear a sound calling out for me. Sanket, pulls me by my elbow to make me turn to look at him.
"Aashna?" Sanket says, coming out of the washroom.
"Yea, yea-uh..I was searching for you."
"I was just in the washroom, you could've called me, baby." He says and my heart still flutters at his choice of word, baby.

"Yea-uh, anyways. Come, let's sleep. It's almost midnight."
"Yes, I was coming to sleep only.."

I take his hand in mine as we go towards the bed. I throw myself on the bed before grabbing the blanket over me. I lay on my back and Sanket lays just beside me in the same position.

I look at him for a moment, and I find him tense. His usually increased brows are now creased with worry. His eyes are full of some or the other stress, he isn't relaxed. Something has happened.

"What happened?" I turn to face him, while he still lays on his back on the bed.
"Nothing." He lies.
"C'mon, baby. Tell me what has happened that is bothering you." I insist.

He turns to face me too and starts. "Randhir wasn't the one to blame."
"What?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Zaeden planned it all. He had abducted our parents for no idea how long and Randhir had the choice to release them at your sake. He had to attack you, for them."

"What!?" I almost shout getting up from the bed to sit. "Are you okay?" I ask with worry.

"Definitely not okay." He pulls me by my hand, making me jerk towards him to land on his chest. My hands are now on his chest, my head on my hands and his hands still on mine.

"So make me okay, baby."

His hands move away from my hands to trail on my arms. He doesn't show an expression, but just leans in to kiss me. Our faces were inches apart and I starved the kiss already, being very honest.

He brings his hands to rest on my jaw while mine stays still on his chest.  I finally lean in to connect our lips, relieving the tension. Our lips stay connected for a moment and our eyes stay closed. We both release each other lips to inhale oxygen but attach our lips together again. They again stay connected for longer than five seconds.

I then de-attach our lips, give him a smile and he returns it. I lay back down on his already spread arms on the bed. I lay on my stomach on the bed, hands and head on his chest.

"Me and Randhir are meeting tomorrow morning. I'm gonna apologise." He says while he trails his fingertips across my back.

I know what he is experiencing right now and I completely understand. Randhir was his best friend and the best assistant one could get and Sanket doubted on him. It would obviously make Sanket feel shame especially infront of him.

"It's okay. You can do it. You may feel like anxious or something, it's your childhood best friend after all. But remember that to get that childhood best friend back, you have to apologise." I say looking towards him with a smile.

He then makes an eye contact with me, smiling giving me a quick peck on the lips. "Let's sleep now." He says.
"Yeah."

I shift to sleep on my right side while he waits for me to do so. I take a pillow infront of me to hug while sleeping and Sanket is behind me, his face nuzzled into my neck. His arms are wrapped around my waist and I melt in his arms. I can never get enough of this.

~ (this means change of scene for those wondering)

Sanket's POV

In the morning, Aashna and me get ready on time and after having breakfast, I leave for office. I kiss Aashna bye for the day and she also gives me her angelic smile definitely making my day.

At the office, I see Randhir standing near the gate, waiting for me already. I look at the watch on my wrist which says it's 5 minutes past 10 which means I'm late.
"H-hey." I initiate.
"Hello." He presses his lips in a thin line.
"Let's go in my cabin." I say letting him follow me after opening the door.

In the cabin, I go and stand infront of Randhir. The first thing I do is take a hold of my ears and apologise to him.
"I'm sorry Randhir."
"Arey boss yeh kya kar rahe hai?" He says and prevents me from doing so.
"I'm apologising. Let me do so Randhir. I need to do this. You're my best friend and the best assistant anyone could ever get and I didn't trust you. Dadi and mom told me all about it."

"Oh...they told you?" He says looking down.

"Yes. And I'm sorry for firing you. I keep you back on your job. I cannot lose you and I definitely don't force you to do this job. You can go any-"

"No boss. Thankyou, thankyou so much for keeping me here back, I love working here. And jo mene kiya was wrong but I didn't have a choice. I had to choose between Aashna bhabhi and dadi and mom's lives. I just.." he looks down again disappointed in himself.

I go ahead and grab ahold of his shoulders making him look at me. "Whatever you did was the perfect one. I mean yes, Aashna's life was threatened and it scared the shit out of us but you threatened her and saved dadi and mom. I am grateful to you for that. And I'm also sorry.."

"Boss, don't apologise or thank. Itne saalo mein, they're my family too. I did what I did to protect my family and in doing so I also hurt them. I hurt bhabhi na? Is she okay after that cut on her throat?" He says and I could see regret, disappointment and anger at himself in his eyes.

"She's perfectly fine now. You don't have to worry about that and that's past, so let that be." I say consoling.
"I'm sorry and I really can't lose you. I'm not saying this in terms of the job you do but in just..my life."

"I forgive you boss. No matter what you do, it can never anger me. Im actually angry at myself that I didn't have a choice that time."

"Thankyou! Thankyou so much for forgiving me. Do you come back to this job as well as my life with this?" I ask almost choking.

"Yes boss. I can never leave you, as much as you need me, I need you even more than that. Thankyou for being there and I understand what you did. I had attacked bhabhi in your eyes and anyone would expect that reaction." He says with a small smile.

With that, I hug him.

"Thankyou for understanding, Randhir. You always do. But. Why didn't you let me know that you did that for saving dadi and mom? And that you weren't involved with Zaeden?" I unwrap my arms from around him.

"Because Zaeden was there everywhere. He kept a chip with me so that he can hear every conversation and watch everything I do. That was the problem, boss."

"Hm. We have to do something about Zaeden."
"Yes, we have to, together?"
"Definitely." I say and smile.

//

Bromance ❤️❤️
Romance too❤️❤️

Vote and comment!