Chapter 7: Getting in Shape

"So you mean to tell me that you have been following the same procedures on the same schedules in the same locations as always, and yet you always get attacked by rebels!?!?"

First Sister was in the command tower, clearly at odds with the local garrison.

"Ma'am, it's the most efficient way to-" said one of the commanders.

"Most efficient way to what?" First Sister scolded. "Get attacked by insurgents who practically know where and when crucial operations are taking place!? No wonder I had to take care of this!"

First Sister turned to Governor Gianturco, who was standing silently at the back of the command tower, likely trying to not draw any unwanted attention from the Inquisitor who had already made herself a foreboding presence.

"You allowed this to happen!?" First Sister scolded at the Governor. "Governor, you need to improve drastically on your tactical knowledge, or I'll see to it that the Emperor has you replaced! And that goes for everyone in this room!"

She got a few frightened looks from officers across the room, who then averted their eyes before they could make eye contact with her.

"I-Inquisitor," the Governor Gulped. "I assure you-"

"Stop trying to make it look like you have this under control," First Sister said. "You will not obstruct me in my efforts. Need I remind you that I am now in full command of the Imperial forces on Onderon, and therefore, I am technically serving as acting ruler of the planet, making your position, as of now, obsolete?"

Governor Gianturco remained silent.

"That's what I thought," said First Sister. "Now, let's get in shape here. First order of business is to make it harder for the Rebels to ambush us. I have already ensured that several AT-AT, AT-ACT, and AT-ST walkers are en route, ready to guard critical outposts, and perhaps for an offensive push if necessary. All essential strategizing and other activities are to be done at this base. No less than two AT-AT walkers will patrol the base at one time, and a defensive perimeter will be constructed. The city of Iziz, among other cities, will also be heavily Garrisoned and guarded by walkers. Use of force to arrest suspected rebels and rebel sympathizers is authorized. Use of flamethrowers to clear out portions of forest that rebels may be hiding in is also authorized. Supplies will now be airlifted to Imperial bases and urban centers via Zeta-class cargo shuttles, as to minimize the risk of rebel ambush."

"That is a rather... ambitious plan," the Governor said.

"But it works," replied First Sister. "In fact, we already know exactly where the rebels will strike."

"Where?" replied the Governor.

"Where you put your regularly-scheduled supply lines, fool."

First Sister walked over to the command table and pulled up a holomap.

"Your supply convoys are due to pass by this location in the forest to reach an Imperial fighter hangar in the nearby hills," she said. "The Rebels have attacked your lightly-armed convoys here before. But this time, instead of supplies, we fill the trucks and A5 Juggernauts to the brim with Stormtroopers, and some of my own personal Purge Troopers. We'll also bring in some LAAT/le patrol gunships if a fight breaks out, and they'll provide us with air support."

"Are you sure they will attack it?" The governor asked.

"If they don't attack it the first time, we could always send it through every couple rotations," First Sister continued. "These rebels are going to disrupt out supply lines, and they won't miss such a juicy bait. They won't suspect a thing."