Chapter 9: He Got Away

First Sister's hands were clenched in fists beside her, as the rubble burned all around her.

He got away. That stupid little rascal and his friend managed to escape her clutches.

"It seems the operation was a success," said Commander Rubal behind her.

"Not quite," First Sister said. "That Bonteri kid got away."

"Well, we really toasted 'em this time around, eh?" Rubal continued.

"No kidding," First Sister replied. "Though it would've been nice to kill Bonteri as well."

"Kill him?" Rubal replied. "He'd probably be more useful alive! We could probably get some information out of him, like we're going to do with that commander. Oh wait, no, you chopped him up, too."

First Sister retaliated violently to the remark, force-pushing Rubal back into the wrecked wall of a Juggernaut.

"You are not allowed to make such remarks at my conduct," First Sister said. "I do what must be done, and I supersede your position vastly. The only reason I listen to people such as yourself is because, in some off chance, it might help."

"Yeah..." Rubal said, straining himself. "I probably deserved that."

"Stormtroopers," First Sister mumbled to herself. "Even the best ones are idiots."

"What did you say?" Rubal asked.

"None of your buisness, commander," First Sister replied.

"Either way, I'm certain command will be pleased at our success," Rubal continued, trying to change the topic.

"Success? Success!? No, commander, Bonteri survived. So long as him and his kind exist, they will continue to rally others to their cause. This is just a few insignificant corpses, and unless we kill those behind this rebellion, they will continue to bring more."

"But that takes time," Rubal said. "You must admit, this has set them back, at least a little."

First Sister paused.

"Fine," First Sister said. "I'll admit, this was fun. Also a lot better than whatever Governor Gianturco would have done otherwise."

"Fun!?" Rubal yelled. "This is fun!? I almost lost my leg to a thermal detonator, how is that fu- Agh!"

He found himself unable to breathe as he fell to the floor grasping his neck, First Sister clenching her hands in an invisible chokehold, and Rubal knew very well what she was doing.

"Do. Not. Speak up to me like that. Do you understand?"

Rubal was only able to reply with some gagging noises.

"I said do you understand!?"

He quickly nodded his head up and down.

First Sister let go of the chokehold, and Rubal gasped for air.

"ugh!" Rubal exclaimed. "What do you have to gain from choking me like that!?"

A LAAT/le transport landed nearby, and some troops started to get on it.

"Well, it's good at getting the point across," First Sister said, walking over to the transport.

"No kriffing," commander Rubal said.

First Sister grabbed onto the handbar at the ceiling of the ship, and it flew away.