Chapter 11: Reconciliation

Lux ran through the woods, until he leaned back on a tree, and then sat down against it.

He started to cry, and he put his hands to his face.

"It's not her," he said to himself, "It... it can't be. It just can't."

It was then that he realized how serious his feelings for Ahsoka were.

He didn't just have a crush on her, he realized now that he had been madly in love with her, and was just too dumb to come out and say it.

And now it was too lat-

No, don't think like that, Lux thought. It's not her.

He continued to cry to himself. He wanted it, so desperately, to not be her.

I'd rather she be dead. She... she would never. Either she died with the rest of the Jedi or she's still alive somewhere. This isn't her. Not after everything she's done for us, she wouldn't turn on us like that. It's just not possible. She would never, it's just not possible.

"Lux!"

It seemed Deni was out searching for him.

"Lux, get back here before the Imps catch you!"

There wasn't any Imperials nearby, not this deep in the jungle. They never strayed this far in, as they had no reason to, and it was the perfect place for a Rebel ambush. Even Governor Gianturco knew that, and his military skill was next to nonexistent.

"Lux! What are you doing!?"

"Go away!" Lux yelled over his tears.

"Oh my gosh, Lux, stop acting like this-"

"No," Lux said.

Deni rushed over to him.

"Lux," he said, "I understand why you're acting like this, but it's kind of an overreaction."

"I... I know, but... it's not even just personal."

"Lux, you're freaking out because you're worried that your crush joined the Imps. How is that not perona-"

"Shut it," Lux said.

"Well, how is it not personal?"

"I never said it wasn't," Lux said. "I just said that there's other reasons, too. Like, if it's really her... Deni, we're kriffed. Do you know how strong she is? How well she knows us? Deni... if you're right, and that really was her... Deni, I don't see any way we can win this. Fighting Gianturco's joke of a garrison is one thing. Fighting Ahsoka Tano? Now that's just impossible."

"We'll find a way," Deni said. "We always do."

"But this... this is something we've never dealt with. Dear gosh, it's times like this where I wish we could have Ahsoka to help us."

"Well, looks like we have her but she's certainly not here to help."

Lux sighed.

"How the kriff are we supposed to do this," he said. "How do we beat someone like that?"

"Hey, that's the first time you haven't yelled back at me saying it isn't her. Except you're still kinda beating around the bush."

"Just... just stop talking about it. I'll come with you back to the others. Also, what's our plan now?"

"Well," Deni said, "unless my dad came up with one while we've been gone, I can't exactly say we managed to get one before you ran off into the jungle."

"Oh, right," Lux said. "Yeah... sorry about that."

"It's okay," Deni said. "Maybe I was a bit harsh. Now let's get back to the others."