Chapter 24: The Escapade

"I'm sorry, WHAT!?" Lux yelled.

"Did you not hear me!?" Rubal yelled in response. "They're probably on their way right now!"

"Oh, so this is an impromptu defection?"

"Yeah, and an impromptu jailbreak." He picked up an electrostaff of of a Purge Trooper corpse. "Here, take this."

Rubal tossed Lux the electrostaff, and he caught it.

"What now?" Lux asked.

"I have some thermal detonators," Rubal whispered, likely to avoid security systems picking him up. "We can head to the main reactor and blow it to smithereens. Most of their troops will be waiting at the hangar or escape pods. Without the reactor, there's no tractor beams or turrets, so we can make our escape in some TIEs. You know how to fly, right?"

"Not well, but I can make do," he replied.

They nodded at each other and ran out the prison door.

There were small squads of Stormtroopers on both sides of the hallway.

Rubal raised his blasters, and Lux turned on his electrostaff.

"Drop the weapons and get back into the cell," said one of the Stormtroopers. "We don't want this to get ugly."

"Because you're afraid you'll lose?" Lux remarked.

"Open fire!" the trooper said.

Rubal gunned down troopers on one side, whereas Lux used his staff to knock down the troopers on the other side.

"The reactor is this way," Rubal said, pointing in the direction he was facing. He had already killed the squad on his side of the hall.

"Hold on," Lux said as he struck the final Stormtrooper with his staff.

"Nice work," Rubal said. "Let's just get to the reactor and hope your girlfriend isn't there."

"Alright- wait, what?"

Rubal chuckled a little.

"Oh, you- wait, what about the other prisoners?"

"The other prisoners are imprisoned in the command center on Onderon. It seems the Inquisitor decided to fly you up here alone."

"Whatever, let's just make a break for it," Lux replied.

They ran down the halls of the Star Destroyer. There was nobody in their way, so they expected everyone was either chasing them or at the reactor, escape pods, or hangar.

When they got to the reactor, there was a shut blast door, but Rubal was able to use a key to get through.

There was a good amount of Stormtroopers and a few Purge Troopers in the reactor room, but it was mercifully absent of any Inquisitors.

Rubal gunned down the troopers that were on higher platforms, while Lux dealt with combatting the Purge Troopers coming his way.

Rubal was quite the sharpshooter and didn't miss many of his shots, and Lux was surprisingly good at electrostaff combat, and focused mainly on knocking the purge troopers off the catwalk.

Then, Lux and Rubal turned around to see a massive swarm of Stormtroopers coming towards them.

There was blaster fire, but Rubal shot out the door controls, and the door shut them out.

"Gosh knows how long it's gonna take them to get through," Rubal said. "Here, have some detonators and throw them onto some reactor parts."

Lux nodded, and then threw the detonators onto critical reactor machinery.