Chapter 13: The Meeting

Lux sat on a rock, at a meeting with some of the other Rebels.

His emotions were getting the better of him. He had his hands on his face, trying to resist crying. He knew Ahsoka would never do something like this.

"Hey," said a soldier next to Lux, tapping him on the back. "General Tandin's about to speak."

"Sorry," Lux replied.

He sighed, as the General came out to speak.

"Greetings," He said, "As... most of you probably know by now, our attack on the supply run was a resounding failure, and..."

It was quite clear to Lux (and everyone else) that even General Tandin was having trouble coping with the possibility that someone that was once their greatest ally had potentially sided with the galactic superpower they were fighting against.

He let out a sigh.

"We... we lost many great men yesterday, and we have... confirmation that an Imperial Inquisitor has come to personally oversee our extermination."

The use of the word "extermination" made some of the group visibly discomforted, and there were some utterences of "Jedi-hunters" and "Red-blades."

"We... also now know that Governor Gianturco was... supposedly executed on the grounds of treason."

There were murmurs amongst the crowd.

"And," he continued, "for the record, neither I or any of my contacts have had any history of conspiring with the Governor. It seems the Empire had killed off another executive with some bogus excuse."

"What are you getting at?" asked a Rebel soldier.

He sighed, and then played the footage of the Inquisitor.

There were gasps. Seeing a Togruta so skilled in double-bladed lightsaber combat, the rebels all likely drew to the same conclusion.

Lux couldn't watch the footage.

He was so scared. He knew how skilled she was in combat. He had seen it firsthand. He stood no chance, and how he had escaped her was beyond him.

It was at this point he could practically feel the dark shadow looming over him. It was so... cold.

"Lux?"

He snapped back to reality.

"Yeah?" he said to the rebel soldier who had said his name.

"You payin' attention?"

He put his hands to his face again and sighed.

"It's all just so hard..." he replied. "I... I don't know what to do!"

"Hey," he replied, "Ypu signed up for this. We all did. You knew what could come after us."

But Lux could tell that he was scared, too. Everyone was. The person who had once been their greatest ally was now potentially in that black and red suit with those red lightsabers. Just the thought of it was terrifying.

"Dismissed," General Tandin said.

People started to get up and walk around.

But suddenly, Lux felt as if something was wrong. Like... he was being watched.

Listening closely, he could just barely hear... something whirring. Something mechanical.

He pulled out his blaster and shot behind him.

There was a sudden outbreak of screams and gasps, as an Imperial probe droid sizzled, and then exploded.

"We're being watched," Lux said. "We need to move, like, right kriffing now."

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update! To be honest, I could've updated this earlier and it's entirely my fault. I... kinda became obsessed with ATLA and Legend of Korra, especially the latter. And now I have to take an online Spanish course. And also go on some college tours. And I have a job now. So as you can tell, it *might* be a little harder for me to update my fics, and I apologize. Also, don't be surprised if you see some ATLA or Korra fics on my page in the near future. Either way, I hope y'all are doing fine.