Confession

(A/N): Hi guys, it's Charlie here. Hope you've been enjoying the story so far! I just wanted to write in a quick note before this big chapter.

I was first inspired to write a Jyler fanfic not just through seeing all their scenes in the show, but this edit which I came across by 'smileyrucas' introduced me to a song which has become one of my favourites of all time.

I feel like 'Circles' summarises their relationship really well. It's a sort of love that is wholesome and supportive, complementary and is one that blossoms slowly almost out of nothing but becomes something so beautiful and rare.

Please show some support to the edit and I hope you like this chapter.

Charlie x

Jody POV

I found myself running up the stairs, further and further until we reached the attic. We were back in Elm Tree House and as I gazed back at a younger Tyler; I realised that I must've been dreaming. We snuck in on our tiptoes, before running out and scaring the others who were sat in a circle.

"Go away!" Carmen complained, but Tyler and I were too curious. A bottle sat in the middle of them, and I realised that this was an older kids' game. Spin the bottle.

"Did you know that Gus has got a girlfriend?" Tyler grinned

Suddenly, I found myself sitting between Elektra and Faith. I'd come up here for a reason, why? Something to do with Gus having a girlfriend...

"What's it like to be in love?" I asked somewhat immaturely. Faith smiled at me kindly, ignoring Elektra's snicker.

"You get this tingling feeling in your stomach, like butterflies..."

"Sounds like diarrhoea..." I found myself remarking, to everyone's amusement.

Faith shook her head, "No, it's a good feeling. A happy feeling..."

Elektra nudged me sharply in the side and told me to spin the bottle. I did as I was told reluctantly, and found myself staring back at Tyler. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Now what?" he asked.

"You kiss her, dummy!" Elektra sounded exasperated.