Someday

Tyler POV

"Carmen and Tee's?"

I twisted my phone in my hand, as we both planned where we could stay the night. We'd made our way discreetly across town, creeping through alleyways and avoiding the public as much as we could. The stash of chocolate biscuits hadn't been enough to abate our hunger so I'd gone and found us some hot drinks and doughnuts from a cafe nearby.

 The stash of chocolate biscuits hadn't been enough to abate our hunger so I'd gone and found us some hot drinks and doughnuts from a cafe nearby

It wasn't exactly how we'd planned our second date, but at least we were trying to make light of the situation as best as we could.

"They'd snitch straight away. Besides, it's the first place they'd check," I replied.

We couldn't go to Lily's either for that very reason. We'd considered calling Frank and Liam, but neither of us was too sure that they'd be that supportive of our little escapade and although I'd made my amends with Rick, I knew that he would probably try to talk us out of it.

"What about... Elektra?"

Jody turned to me and I grinned before rubbing my thumb across her cheek to wipe the sugar off. Our eyes met and I realised that perhaps Elektra would be the only one who could possibly help us. I doubted May-Li and Scott would think about ringing her up, especially when she'd managed to go off the radar after her help with the Umbleby's a couple of years ago.

She'd had her own troubles after leaving care, we'd heard that she'd run out of cash a while back and had been forced to visit a food bank for a few months. Maybe she'd take pity on us and reach out a helping hand. It had to be worth a shot.

"I'll call her now."

I leaned towards Jody pressing a kiss to her cheek, before heading out to a telephone box just in case the call could be traced. Taking a breath, I slotted in my coins and dialled the number... this was going to take a lot of convincing but hopefully, Elektra would welcome us into her home.

Jody POV

"Jodes, wake up!"

I frowned before opening my eyes and realising we'd arrived. Elektra had only been able to come and get us after she'd finished her shift as a mechanic, and since she couldn't afford a car she'd borrowed one from the garage she'd been working at. I knew that she'd be risking a lot so I was thankful she'd even come to help us in the end.

The sky had already started to go dark and a rumble from my stomach told me that it would be dinnertime back at the DG. Perhaps everyone knew by now that we'd gone missing.

Unlocking the door, I rubbed my neck realising that I'd fallen asleep on Tyler's shoulder. I wondered what Elektra thought about all of this, I wondered why she'd even come to our aid.

"I've texted May-Li and Scott to let them know we're safe," Tyler told me and I nodded wearily, hopefully, they would take our word for it. Elektra opened her front door and stepped inside as we followed behind.