Thunder

Jody POV

I might've been half-asleep but I already had a feeling that this was going to be a bad day.

With Mike returning from his honeymoon and the wedding magic over, May-Li had already brought us back to the stark reality of new people at the DG. And if my time here had taught me anything... no one liked surprise visitors.

We'd gathered by the front of the stairs as we were introduced to Sid, Luke, and Freya. As Mike vaguely swept over the introductions, I noted that Sasha's usual morning frown had been replaced by one of horror and bewilderment. It seemed she knew Freya from a previous care home and despite the amicable grin on Freya's face, I had a growing suspicion that Sasha didn't really trust her.

And given the circumstances of their care home being flooded; I had a feeling that trouble was imminent.

"This is like Burneywood all over again..." Tyler muttered to me. "Except I've switched sides."

I offered him a smile as Sasha decided to go and get some fresh air. May-Li had been asking to speak to her all morning so it was obvious that something was up. I needed to check she was alright.

"Go," Tyler whispered as Mike gathered everyone in the living room. "Mates like Sasha need looking out for."

Nodding, I headed out into the garden where May-Li was busy reassuring Sasha about something. I'd never seen Sasha look so vulnerable; she'd gotten so pale back then it was as if she'd seen a ghost. May-Li mentioned something about secure and it soon struck me that the two might've had a bad history.

 May-Li mentioned something about secure and it soon struck me that the two might've had a bad history

"Yeah, who is Little Miss Sunshine back there?" I asked curiously.

"Look, can you both just give me a sec?" Sasha pleaded exasperatedly, "Sorry, I wasn't expecting it."

May-Li looked concerned, "If there is a problem, we can look into moving her. But if you talk to her you might be surprised..?"

Sasha looked hesitant; for some reason, she didn't seem to trust Freya fully. May-Li led me back into the house as my head buzzed with questions. Who was Freya? And what was her relationship with Sasha?

Tyler glanced up at me as I entered. We'd gotten changed as Mike decided to proceed with one of his ice-breaker activities. All other plans were cancelled for the day; now we had to make the strangers feel welcome. I didn't mind that fact so much except when I wasn't too sure of Freya.

She'd been to Secure.

As Dumping Ground kids, we'd all gotten ourselves into trouble now and then but Secure was usually saved for the ones that no one could control. It was essentially prison!

I voiced my concerns to Tyler as I sat beside him on the sofa. The last thing anyone wanted was for a new kid to mess up the DG dynamic. I couldn't deny it; I was worried for Sasha.