Wedding

Jody POV

"Come on, people!" Sasha yelled through the loudspeaker. "This needs to be perfect!"

Well, this was different. Sasha yelling would normally only mean one thing; trouble. Or at least a fair few arguments with the other residents. But today, we were all obeying.

And smiling.

Mike was getting married to Fiona; the one event that could even make the grumpiest of people, smile. And what better venue than the DG itself! The whole house had been hectic; preparing bunting, sorting out seating, balloons, cakes, snacks, playlists... we had a million and one things to do and keep ourselves occupied.

With May-Li's baby due any day now; she'd had to take the backseat on the planning and Mike was busy sorting himself out. For the first time ever, we kids had full responsibility for making sure the day ran smoothly and without a hitch. This would be the best wedding the DG ever saw!

As I placed down the bunting, I glanced at my phone to see that I'd received a text from Carmen. She had to return to Paris to continue her second year at college and therefore had to miss the wedding. Tee was still coming though, so there was that. I scrolled up instinctively before pausing by a name.

Brandon.

A few days ago, he would've been the first person I'd have invited as a plus one. No matter how hard I tried, it was still going to be tricky for me to get over the guilt that I'd led him on. I'd texted him a few times asking if he was alright; he hadn't come to the gym in a while and I was getting worried that he'd backed out because he'd be seeing me.

It didn't take long for Sasha and Candi-Rose to realise that we'd split up. They'd been pretty helpful actually, reminding me that I shouldn't feel too guilty, I'd made the right decision in the end. And it really was the best decision.

Hanging out with Tyler as we used to before all the drama, it was like stepping back into a pair of comfy slippers - happiness at its purest. Knowing how he felt about me, just added something to our relationship like a secret that was finally out in the open.

A secret that was just ours.

I smiled a little dreamily as I picked up a box full of paper plates. We'd found a picture of Mike and Fiona lying around and had printed it onto the plates. It was a photo from when they were much younger; they'd been sweethearts back in the day and they'd found each other again.

 It was a photo from when they were much younger; they'd been sweethearts back in the day and they'd found each other again

I beckoned Tyler over as he smiled at the photo of the happy couple. We poked fun at the fact that Mike had hair in the photo but in all honesty, I'd never seen Mike happier.

"Looks like true love..." I remarked as Tyler smiled back at me.

"Guess it does."

Sasha called us all over as we laid down the items we needed to set out. She wasn't planning to turn a blind eye towards anyone today; the power had definitely gone to her head. But in a good way.