Precious

Tyler POV

It'd sort of been a spur-of-the-moment thing; a spontaneous buy.

Except, the longer I stared at it, the more my feelings seemed to get all caught up in my throat and I grew more breathless by the second. And it only was... a necklace.

Simple enough and completely meaningless, if it wasn't for the letter J engraved on the heart.

Sighing to myself, I headed out of my room where Jody was waiting for me downstairs. In between our busy schedules with boxing and radio, we'd collectively found some time where we could hang out; whether it was watching the TV or going out around town, it was our private time.

Yet I was still troubled by what it would change.

We'd agreed that our relationship was on hold for now; just spending time with each other was enough. I knew a necklace was hardly the same as a ring but it did mean something. To me.

I didn't want to disrupt the relationship we had but perhaps I'd thought she'd like it.

Even though, I'd never seen her wear a piece of jewellery in her life except for when we were making fun of Tee and Carmen. What if she didn't like it? What if she never even wore it?

I'd look like a right muppet.

Her best friend for years and I still didn't know what she liked!

Shaking the doubt out of my head, I decided to go and give it to her before it got all clammy in my hand. She was sitting and watching the television, looking quite peaceful and absorbed in the show. I needed to pluck up the courage and give it to her before I chickened out.

Smiling, I sat down next to her as we held hands and watched the show. Being with her like this just felt right.

"There's something I've been meaning to..." I began quietly, as my doubts slowly got the better of me. She was listening to me but giving it to her in the living room... anyone could walk in any second!

 anyone could walk in any second!

I couldn't force it.

"Meaning to what?" Jody brought me out of my daze, as I decided to wait a little longer.