Chapter twelve

Evie's pov

Four days have passed since the video call with our parents, the day after tomorrow is family day and in a week it is Mal's birthday, I would like to organize a party for her but she doesn't want to, so I don't think I'll give it to her, but I will certainly give her something, I think  who would like a new sword, or even a leather backpack, yes I'll make her backpack!
I go to class, there is a new professor, his name is Deley, he is very nice and understanding, especially with us VK, for next week he wants a topic where we talk about us, he says it's to get to know us better, I don't know what to write yet  exactly, but I'm very excited about this task.

Uma's pov

The lessons are over and I go back to my room, I open an old potions book from my mother, inside I find a strange letter, I had never seen it before, it says:

"Hi Uma,
if you are reading this letter most likely i will be dead, i hope your mother told you about me, and that you are okay, i don't know why i am writing you this letter actually, i just want to let you know about my existence, although i  do you know.  I love you.

                                             With love
                                                  Pope."

This must be a joke.  It is not possible!
Although it might be true, after all I never asked anything about my father, as soon as I talked about it my mother was very nervous.
I go confused by Harry and Gil and take them to an empty classroom, have them read the letter and they don't know what to say.  I am really confused, until a few hours ago my biggest problem was a stupid school paper and now I find a letter from my father!
Harry thinks it was Mal, and that he wanted to play a joke on me, but he's not very sure either, instead Gil just said we need to find out who wrote the letter.
We spend some time talking about the letter and devising some plans to find out who wrote it, then, since it is late, I go to my room to rest, I skip dinner, I want to be as alone as possible and after a while I can  to fall asleep.