chapter thirty one

Uma's pov

Yesterday I had a great evening with Harry, after we kissed there was a really awkward few seconds, but then he asked me if we wanted to go back to school as it was cold outside, so we sat at the school cafeteria, we drank a while and we talked, then he accompanied me to my room and, before parting, I give him a quick kiss on the lips and I go back to my room without saying anything.
The next morning I wake up, I hear Mal, Evie and the twins talking excitedly, I look at my watch and see that it is very late, I jump up: Evie is fixing a dress on Mal, it is long, purple and green, she instead she has a blue leather skirt and jacket, the twins are wearing identical pink dresses.
I can't understand why they are all so elegant and Evie notices it, in fact she says:
<Uma, the guys from the Island are arriving today, there is an hour left to arrive>
<Y-yes I knew> I stammer.
I forgot it!  I get out of bed and open my wardrobe, I decide to wear a petrol blue top with gold necklaces - even my mother's - and a pencil skirt of the same color as the top, I put on two black heels and earrings with golden shells.
I get ready quickly and get out of the room as soon as possible, which is now very messy: there are pieces of cloth scattered everywhere, pink clothes on the floor and on the bed objects for sewing.
There are now 20 minutes left for the boys to arrive, so I start to go outside, where Harry and Gil are already waiting for me, I wave my hand to them both and we talk for a while.
After some time the band starts playing, Mal arrives accompanied by Ben, they both stop on a catwalk and Ben starts singing, gets down on his knees and says:
<Mal, do you want to be my queen?  Do you want to marry me?>
Mal yells a "Yes" into the microphone and is moved, I would never have said that she could cry for joy, after a few minutes spent celebrating their engagement, the guys from the Island finally arrive: I immediately recognize Celia, who runs towards me and I hold her in a strong embrace, I whisper in her ear:
<I missed you, sorry if I didn't say hello to you when I got back here> She smiles and hugs me even stronger, she is a younger sister to me and I'm really happy that she is now here with me.
Together with Celia, Spugna's children, two really shy twins, and Genoveffa's daughter, Dizzy, also arrived.
We spend the day with Celia, we show her the Enchanted Lake and the school garden, she tells us how she has been on the Island since we had to leave.
Then Celia goes to her new room and Gil too, so it's just me and Harry, we start talking about our relationship, in the end we decide to keep it secret at least for now, if he finds out Gil will tell everyone and we already have. enough problems.