chapter twenty seven

Uma's pov

Today Harry came to pick me up on the Island, he wants to take me back to Auradon, he said he missed me, he even gave me a necklace, he said it belonged to his father, it is beautiful: it is a chain with a ring hanging on it, it is simple, but I really like it a lot, I haven't had many gifts, apart from the photos Mal gave me when we were little, this is the first gift I get.
Before I leave the Island again and abandon my crew, I decide to promise those on my ship that I will find a way to open the barrier and bring evil to Auradon.
I don't really want evil to conquer Auradon, I just wish I could have mine "and they lived happily ever after" and to have it I have to pretend to be evil here, or with anyone else, the last time I didn't pretend I ended up wearing shrimp and a silly nickname.
When I finish the speech Harry takes me by the hand and walks me to the limo, as soon as I arrive Gil starts to hug me but I stop him immediately, I get into the car and the situation becomes quite embarrassing, we are all silent, at one point Harry hits me on the side and I move immediately, putting a hand on the wound caused by my mother, my first officer looks at me curiously, I avoid his gaze, when we are alone I will tell him everything.  After a few minutes Jay stops the car and we get off to go to our rooms, before leaving, however, I approach Evie without being seen and I whisper a <Thank you> she smiles at me and then we take different paths.
When we return to Auradon Prep, Harry speaks:
<Hey, why did you move right away as soon as I bumped into you earlier?  You went to your mother, right?>
<Yes, I thought it was a good idea to go back to work, but my mother was really very angry ...> I reply.
Harry hugs me gently, then we go to dinner, I spend the rest of the evening with Gil and my first mate, I stay in their room until Gil reminds me I can't sleep with them or the Smemorina Fairy can eject me, so I go back to the room. my room, I avoid making eye contact with my roommates, but Carly speaks:
<Hi Uma!  Where have you been?  Why didn't you come to class and you weren't in your room for a few days?>
<Nothing about you little princess> I say going to my bed, I throw myself on it and I pretend to sleep, I look at the necklace that Harry gave me, I can't help thinking about him, he is really sweet to me, I think maybe I feel something for him.